GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX SUCKS!!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/05/02 at 18:47
Regular
Who agrees with me, in that the Xbox sucks! Its huge and the pad is big and bad! The games suck and well its bulit by Microsoft who needs to hear more?
Thu 23/05/02 at 21:08
Yea very good post there mate
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thing is gerrid, when we put our opinion accross, we come up with a half decent arguement, not fanboy crap. I used to have a PS2 and I also have a GC so I think I'm in a pretty good position to comment on the 3 of them. Unlike a good number of posters on SR, I'm not blinded by loyalty to a company, but if I feel a company is putting out some good ideas on a console, I'll say so.

As I've said before, if someone can come up with a decent reason why the X-Box "sucks", then fair enough, but they can't. They come up with any trash they can simply because its made by Microsoft and they want to fit in with other people who say the same crap.

Microsoft might have the cheek to be successful, but they've put together a damn fine console and the upcoming games list is looking very impressive. The Gamecube is good too, but it doesn't have as much ambition as the X-Box and Nintendo seem to be happy to release the usual games line up for it. This is where Microsoft deserve a bit of respect. They're trying to give us new experiences in games, both online and offline. I have a lot of time for companies that do this.
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:22
I would agree with you but the severe lack of buttons on the gc pad is bad and the z button on n64 was a main button goldeneye anyone? so I am sorry but ur kind of wrong there. Dont get me wrong the x-box pad aint perfect I am forever, for press the white button instead of the top green button but it is the best pad on the market I feel
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
hmmmmmmmmmm.
this is a toughie, (almost) everyone here says that the XBOX is bettre than everything else, and complain when others do the same.

if you were really "above all this", no one would have posted in reply, because you are just fuelling the fire of fury.
(i realise the irony of me posting in this topic and saying that, so don't point it out to me) just let it slide...

the GC pad is great, and has hardly any problems with button placement. the z button is justt an optional extra, rather than a main button, so you can't judge it as a main button, it would be like calling the start button rubbish. whatever.
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:14
Puts head on a lemon squeezer (just happen to have one)

There you go!
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:12
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Does it have a big stick to hold on the end of it ?
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:03
Sorry I couldn't bring a bat

Would A ninties Head do?
Thu 23/05/02 at 17:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah we need to change these fools stupid opinions of the X-Box.

Silent85......Bring my bat......

;-))
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:26
Regular
"this is a tagline"
Lol! I see myslef as some big wolf type thing... It's not that I'm really hairy (I'm only 14!), but because I'm really vain so I think of myself as a superior being :-)

Just imagine if I got to be a Notable :-p

And onto the thread, I totally agree with you savatt. As soon as the X-Box has been out for about six months all this crap'll stop; and we can get back to talking about X-Box - in a positive light!

Before March 14th there was no mingin' threads going about - well, there weren't much at all ;-) But you know what I mean! I think that time will tell.
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thats common sense though Blaze. Some are a bit worried about competition from the X-Box you see, so they come on here talking crap, thinking that they've just defended their own purchase.

Others just do it for attention. Some seem to do it to wind people up while others seem to think that if they do it, then people who own the same console as them will think they're really cool and clever.

Another possibility is that they are just sheep. They see other posters saying something, so to fit in they quickly jump in and say the same thing. Its quite funny actually - almost like looking at a trail of lemmings.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.