GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisp"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/05/02 at 14:29
Regular
Is this the end of this excellent series?

I thoroughly enjoyed yesterdays episode but with such flashback sequences, it usually means only one thing....The end.

I have checked the TV listings and it papers that with the exception of repeats there are now new shows Scheduled.

For anyone who hasn't the faintest idea what I am on about, Two Pints Of Lager and Packet Of Crisp is probably the best and most offensive UK comedy series that has been produced in years, it even makes Red Dwarf look 'tame'.

One surprising thing about the show, taking into account the 'nature' of the humour is that it made by (or for) the BBC and features some well known actors including Beverley Callard (Liz Of Coronation Street), Will Mellor (Casualty, Holyoakes) Natalie Casey (Holyoake's, MTV), Ralf Little (Royle Family) and two other excellent actresses Kathryn Drysdale and Sheridan Smith.

So although it features actors your mum and granny might know and love, as I have said I doubt they will like the humour. The Humour is quite simply rude, crude, offensive and extremely funny.

The program which seems to have just finales it's second series on BBC Choice, (1St Series ON Video and PlayUK, 2nd Series BBC 2 Autumn) revolves around the life's of a group of five friends, although unlike 'Friends this group prefers Beer, Fags and Sex to Coffee, chat and dates.

Yesterdays episode was by far the best of both series, closing stories and tying loose ends from both series, which brings me to my original question of, is this the end?

Now I have given a brief explanation of the show for those who didn't see yesterdays show, for those who did, were you suppressed at the end, with all that talk of sodomy?

OK it's featured it Bridget Jones diary but not so bluntly as was portrayed yesterday. Don't get me wrong by the way The show was excellent as was the dialog and I was not offended, I was just surprised that such humour would be shown by the BBC, epically as the series is earmarked for Primetime BBC2.

Anyway good taste aside , How many blokes on hear would like the Keys to Jennets or Donnas Botties?! (If you didn't see it You won't get it)

My final point is I WANT MORE!
I am absolutely fed up with American TV shows such as Friends, thank god it's in it's final series. We need more British humour more British sitcoms, More Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisp!
Wed 22/05/02 at 15:59
It's an interesting question. I guess I'm too old for it. But then I'll sit and watch South Park occasionally, and that's far less 'mature', and probably more 'offensive', but that does have some inspired moments. It doesn't always hit the target, but it does have a nice line in total absurdity, which I like. Also Jackass isn't mature, but I find that damn funny. But I know where you're coming from on the age thing though. I guess I'm not a big fan of 'lifestyle' humour (equally, Cold Feet did nothing for me). Basically I like humour that isn't trying to be anything but humour.
Wed 22/05/02 at 15:01
Can ask why most people seem to not like it?

I understand that it is quite offensive and the acting has something to be desired and of cause most of the jokes are one liners but still in my opinion this is the best comedy series to be shown on British television in years.

I don't see people seem to compare it with Men behaving Badly or Game On. Both the latter had much more in common than with Two Pints and while all three shows are excellent British comedy, surly MBHB and Game On were aimed at a more intellectual and indeed older audience?

I am my early twenties and Just as I could relate to situations within the Royle Family, which by the way in my opinion is another prime example of British comedy, I can relate to situations in Two Pints. Of cause the way I can relate to both the former shows is different. While from the Royle Family, I can relate to growing up and around family and friends who act just like the Royles. On the other hand, in Two pints I can relate to the situation in regards with immature relationships, which ultimately revolves around sex and alcohol.

We must accept Two Pints Of Lager for what it is and who it is aimed at. Two Pints will probably never win a BAFTA nor will it really ever appeal to anyone who's past their post adolescent 'student' years.

For those people who want mature comedy drama about relationships, well then you have Cold Feet or Friends, for those of you wanting something as before but a bit more 'off beat' and immature you have Men Behaving Badly and Game On. However for those of us, like me who simply want true to life British comedy which deals with the 2 most important things at our age (Sex and Alcohol), well we have Two Pints Of Lager.

Finally I would just like to say that it's great that the BBC have commissioned such excellent comedy and hope that a third series will follow on the ever hopeful BBC3 (Quality television from the BBC for 16-35 year olds)
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:19
Regular
"relocated"
Worst. Show. Ever.
Tue 21/05/02 at 20:57
Regular
I saw the first series of that and liked it but i dont have Sky so havent seen the new series yet
Tue 21/05/02 at 16:32
I remember sitting down to watch it when it started, as I thought that maybe some young writers would give it an edge, something new. But it's just badly written, and not funny. Like it was said below, a poor Men Behaving Badly (or Game On). Only marginally funnier than Gimme Gimme Gimme, and that's marginally funnier than being stabbed. Twice.
Tue 21/05/02 at 16:20
Regular
"simpsons rule"
havent herd of it but it sounds good
Tue 21/05/02 at 16:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yep, and its much more in the way of entertaining than two pints of lager and a packet of crisps, which by the way is a stupid name.
Tue 21/05/02 at 15:19
Well i'm sure Mary Popins will be On the TV Soon!
Tue 21/05/02 at 14:52
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think its the poor mans Men Behving Badly, it copies so much from that much better and funnier show. Two pints of lager just isn't funny.
Tue 21/05/02 at 14:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That show is the worst ever made, it is just trying to evoke laughs by being offensive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.