GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHERE'S THE BEST PLACE TO PRE-ORDER A PS2!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/10/00 at 13:46
Regular
I haven't been sure whether to pre-order one for a while now 'cos of the price and whether it's worth getting it yet, and I have finally decided, thanks to guys like Babylonian and Kieran, that I do want to pre-order one. BUT IS IT TOO LATE!!! IT PROBABLY IS, SO I'M GONNA GO LOOKING NOW!!!
Fri 27/10/00 at 13:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
I haven't been sure whether to pre-order one for a while now 'cos of the price and whether it's worth getting it yet, and I have finally decided, thanks to guys like Babylonian and Kieran, that I do want to pre-order one. BUT IS IT TOO LATE!!! IT PROBABLY IS, SO I'M GONNA GO LOOKING NOW!!!
Fri 27/10/00 at 14:25
Game seem to reckon they have some left, but it's probably just to get more orders in.

Check out http://www.game.uk.com
Fri 27/10/00 at 14:35
Regular
"not dead"
You can try these online stores

www.not-a-chance.com
www.youre-having-a-laugh.co.uk
or
www.afterxmas.org

Or simply go into your local Living in a Dream World store.

I don't like your chances, but good luck. I posted a message here a few weeks back with a URL claiming to have some left, but it was a "must end monday in order to guarentee a PS2 for launch" thing.
Fri 27/10/00 at 15:09
Aol (ISP) have some, but you have to be a member of their service to be able to apply.

Just load a free 100 hours disc (plenty come through the post recently) and click on the icon PS2. They also guarantee you will get it on LAUNCH DAY.

Not many left though.
Fri 27/10/00 at 15:56
A paper I was reading says Argos have loads of their original pre-order forms left due to the fact that the PS2 was not included in their xmas catalogue and thus people thought they were not selling it.

Get on over to Argos, it may be your last chance of getting one on release day.
Fri 27/10/00 at 22:18
There is a lot of PS2's popping up all over the place. I would treat any "new" order forms with caution.

A lot of people have, apparently, tried to pre-order from more than one place. (As i've said before, naughty people)This, coupled with the problems some retailers have had with processing the pre-order forms, doesn't give an accurate picture of what is really going on at the moment.Expect to hear from Sony within the next week.

Happy hunting.
Sat 28/10/00 at 10:41
Try theslammer.com too, theyve just started their pre-order scheme, so if your quick, you may get a release day PS2, but I cant be certain of that.
Sat 28/10/00 at 22:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
Thanks Damo, I used theslammer.com. Thanks everyone for your help.
Sun 29/10/00 at 18:38
slammer.com? I can't say I have heard of them. They're not dodgey are they?
Sun 29/10/00 at 21:58
Regular
"I like cheese"
No, they're real PS2 site is PS2-Wired.co.uk, it's pretty good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.