GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reward Pack, anyone?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/05/02 at 12:25
Regular
Has anyone received their Reward pack from MS yet?
Sun 26/05/02 at 14:35
0utlaw wrote:
> I got an e-mail back from M$ saying that I had to fill in my form
> again and send them a proof of purchase :-( This means I'll probably
> have to wait another 28 days until I get my games! AARGH!!
>
> Has anyone else got this reply?

We got the same reply and we have to start allover again with the form
I started a message like this too
Ria
Sun 26/05/02 at 14:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
doublezero wrote:
> Whats your point? I AM a fan of the console. However, this doesn't
> change the fact that:
> a) The console is unfortunately failing
> b) I believe the PS2 is a stronger console (admittedly largely due to
> its games..)
> c) I can post 'fun' articles which 99% of posters enjoyed and joined
> in with the fun, giving further 'uses', etc....

My point is that you call the people who bought the X-Box oblivious and ignorant and yet you own one yourself or at least have time for the console. Seems like a contradiction. And personally, I don't care if you post things like the alternate uses thread, in fact I thought it was pretty funny.

The only thing that really caught my eye was that one bit of your post that made me think "hang on".
As far as the PS2 goes, maybe its just me but things seem to be slowing down a little. Thats not a dig at the machine before Sonyphiles pour in and start screaming. What I'm saying is it started pretty poorly (in terms of the games out), then it really picked up with tons of titles coming out and now it seems to have slowed down quite a bit. Maybe its because many of its titles are going to be multiformat so it gets overlooked or something.

The reason the X-Box is supposedly failing is basically all around you. The majority of Sonyphiles and Ninties refuse to look outside of the companies they are loyal to. With the Ninties, they tend to be hostile to anything that doesn't have a Nintendo logo on it, while a large number of Sonyphiles (this is everywhere, not just on the forum) are sticking to the system because it has the "cool console to have" label, which in a good number of them means that everything else is crap. Of course there are exceptions, so don't go biting my head off and stamping your feet.

Basically, Nintendo has a fan base that seem to think their fighting a war against all competition while the Sony fans are largely made of casual gamers that bought the console because its the one everyone else buys (all the people that are considered to have a life anyway).
Sun 26/05/02 at 13:09
Regular
He is wrong, I ordered mine the first night and my mom just rang them and this is what they said:

We have checked on our database and your games have been sent via 'Royal Mail registered post' and will arrive before friday of this week. We did not have system crash, we just had a huge response of people for the package and we have tried our best to sort everything out. As for the over 28 days, I can not really say anything about this as Microsoft should have opened the wait barrier to 40 days, this is not my fault in anyway.

visit www.xbox.com/uk and ring the support line, have your serial number and details ready and they will check on the computer for you. Hope this has helped. DO NOT PANIC THEY WILL COME!
Sun 26/05/02 at 13:02
Is it true that I cannot even get any info from Microsoft if I call them, I HAVE to email or write? If this is true, how stupid is this?
Sun 26/05/02 at 12:27
Regular
"cant think of one.."
I hate to be the bearer of bad news people, but 1/2pint posted the following post in the FOG, concerning his late (over 28-days) Reward/Thank You package....

1/2pint wrote:
>Microsoft had a 'system failure' which resulted in all of the application >forms sent before the 26th April to be deleted. Convenient. They haven't >contacted anybody about it, which means that if I'd have just waited, the >offer would have expired and I'd have been conned out of more stuff from >Microsoft.
Sun 26/05/02 at 12:25
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Whats your point? I AM a fan of the console. However, this doesn't change the fact that:
a) The console is unfortunately failing
b) I believe the PS2 is a stronger console (admittedly largely due to its games..)
c) I can post 'fun' articles which 99% of posters enjoyed and joined in with the fun, giving further 'uses', etc....
Sat 25/05/02 at 14:47
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
doublezero wrote:
> Perhaps in your state of gaming ingnorence and obliviousness (you are
> an Xbox owner after all) you simply forgot?

Speaking of people who need to make up their mind, thats quite a thing to say when in FOG chat you've posted a 20 alternate things to do with your X-Box thread and said almost straight away that your a fan of the X-Box console.
Sat 25/05/02 at 14:04
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Franny wrote:
> ...Despite the fact I haven't played them before.
(in the post below)

Make up your mind mate!
Sat 25/05/02 at 13:43
I have played DOA and Rallisport before, of course I have, which XBox owner can say they haven't? What I meant though is that I have no real right to comment on how brilliant they are myself because I haven't played them enough for that. I had DOA3 for the best part of a day, and the same with Rallisport.
Sat 25/05/02 at 11:50
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Franny, on a previous post you said you had played them before (23/05/02 @ 10.44) yet now you say you have not played the games; DOA3 & Rallisport.

Have you got a bad memory?

Perhaps you make up your arguements as you go along?

Perhaps in your state of gaming ingnorence and obliviousness (you are an Xbox owner after all) you simply forgot?

I'll remind you shall i Franny. DOA3 is the one with the pretty little men and woemn that kick, punch and do nasty things to each other whilst Rallisport is the game where you drive a nice car with lots of stickers on it that goes 'vroom, vroom!'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.