GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rushing gameplay"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/05/02 at 23:23
Regular
I'll never understand why some people just have to get to the end of a game before everyone else.

I have a friend who makes a point of doiing this every time we get the same game. I might be only a quarter of the way through and my friend brags about the great ending and I ask him what he thought about a certain part of the game and he can barely remember it because he flew through it so fast, often missing out on the best parts.

In one instance, we were both playing Final Fantasy 8 and he never bothered exploring much or doing the little sub-missions in it. He never even played the card game bar maybe once- and why? To finish the game as quickly as possible. I think it's ludicrous, how can a game be enjoyed if it is rushed??
Mon 20/05/02 at 23:23
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I'll never understand why some people just have to get to the end of a game before everyone else.

I have a friend who makes a point of doiing this every time we get the same game. I might be only a quarter of the way through and my friend brags about the great ending and I ask him what he thought about a certain part of the game and he can barely remember it because he flew through it so fast, often missing out on the best parts.

In one instance, we were both playing Final Fantasy 8 and he never bothered exploring much or doing the little sub-missions in it. He never even played the card game bar maybe once- and why? To finish the game as quickly as possible. I think it's ludicrous, how can a game be enjoyed if it is rushed??
Mon 20/05/02 at 23:32
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Have to agree with you there. When I buy a game, I consider its lifespan more than anything else really. You simply cannot go through games of such caliber (FF games for example) and not discover everything possible. I mean it makes your experience so much more extensive...

Hers a good example. Metal Gear Solid 2-I got the game the day before release and I said to myself that I am gonna take as long a spossible to complete it. And I only played on it for a few hours each day. I didnt rush through it-tried to get all the secrets etc. I completed it 5-6 days after I got it. When I came on here the day the game came out I saw people who have completed it in ONE GO. WHY????What on earth is the point in paying 40 squids for a game and complete it straight away. Whers the fun in that...

I am hooked on FF agmes and I always explore them, try and get all the best weapons, complete all the sub-games etc. As the saying goes "You cant rush thish thingsh"
Mon 20/05/02 at 23:39
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I'm the same with MGS. I got it as a GAD 2 weeks ago and I've taken my time with it. I think I'm almost through it and its been worth every second of my time.
Mon 20/05/02 at 23:43
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I just make a point of trying to get it last as long as possible anyway for the sheer fact that i just spent £40 on a game, thats a hell of a lot a money to have finished with a game so quickly.

So when a game like MGS2 comes out, or FF10, its something special, as you know its gona take a while to finish.
Mon 20/05/02 at 23:48
Regular
"Back For Good"
I can't see the point of rushing, just go at your own pace :-)
Tue 21/05/02 at 09:09
Regular
"  "
I cant understand why people think they are good if they take like 3hrs to complete MGS2. There stupid. I'm proud it took me 22 hours.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.