GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future of Gaming?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/05/02 at 21:53
Regular
The Future of gaming, well i was looking through the topics and they seemed not to have any topics on the future of gaming. This is a subject that intrests me alot, and i am sure it does most of you.

One thing i get worried about is that consoles get to a point where you cant avance them anymore, otherwise they become pc's. So far Dreamcast have added the internet and well done i thought, just a big shame they didnt sell enough. Then the pc added the DVD, i thought great a dvd player but now i look at the PS2 and dont see it as a console meant soly for gaming. What will they add next a cd writer? Dont think i am mocking the PS2 or anything i love it.

Then came the Xbox it had a dvd player as well i thought well i couldnt see them not putting it in as the PS2 did.When they bring out the Xbox 2, how can they advance it without making it in to a pc?

But now comes the big question are they goin to leave consoles as they are or going to make wierd 3d things that connnect to our spine or somthing. I always wonder if there is going to be a revolotion in gaming experiencs. I have come up with a few ideas but know that a load of you want to enter the industry and mak a revoloution.(i personally am to lazy and just want others to do it quickly and efficently)

Have any of you been to America in the malls, well the one i went to had some they had these machines where you put on some gogles attach somthings to your arms and legs and choose a game? It was one of my best experiences i have done with gaming and consoles. But i dont see why they dont make a personal home one, ok it could be very exspensive but it would be worth everypenny.

So do any of you have crazy ideas that want to happen to the gaming world?
And have any of you been on one of the machines that i went on or anything like it? And one more where do you think gaming is heading?
Tue 21/05/02 at 20:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
fosbe wrote:
> I aint i just want to discuss the future of gaming, thats why i am in
> the future of gaming topics.

You arent half, 5 posts that are totally irrelevent to the content of your initial post.
Tue 21/05/02 at 20:07
Regular
"ProGolfer"
cookie monster wrote:
> Stop spamming your own topic.

I aint i just want to discuss the future of gaming, thats why i am in the future of gaming topics.
Tue 21/05/02 at 20:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Stop spamming your own topic.
Tue 21/05/02 at 20:02
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Back i see that loads of you have put ideas down.
Mon 20/05/02 at 22:24
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I have to go now but i will look over them tommorow and answer back. cya
Mon 20/05/02 at 22:22
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I like the ideas about the hologram. You have some good ideas i think the gaming industry needs to listen to us the people a little more.
Mon 20/05/02 at 22:18
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Brain/Spinal implants would seem an obvious conclusion, but it's hard to say what steps we'll take on the way. People are always suggesting VR, holograms, and other such ideas, but little seems to have been ventured in that direction by those with the power to make it work.

Virtual reality is an interesting topic actually... I remember watching shows like "Bad Influence" many moons ago, where they were saying that virtual reality was the way forward, the way of the future. In five years time they said, this is what gaming will be like.

But it isn't.

There were a few headsets released.. but it never really took off. People complained of eye strain, and other visionary disorders resulting from prolonged use. Additionally, what you could do was very limited, not really justifying the difficulty and expense involved in getting hold of one of these headset.

Holograms are an idea I would like to see.... It would be especially cool for RPG based games, or one on one beat em ups - anything where vision distance is not too vital. I'm pretty sure it could open up a whole new avenue of gaming too, with a 3D world being explorable in three dimensions, rather than expressed in two, as is currently the case.

Back to the implants theme... I do remember reading/seeing somewhere that a spinal implant is being made which can make you orgasm at the touch of a button. Methinks that might prove more popular than one to do with plaing video games...
Mon 20/05/02 at 22:15
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Well least someone replyed. Please forgive for my bad english.
Mon 20/05/02 at 22:08
Regular
"this is a tagline"
You said: So do any of you have crazy ideas that want to happen to the gaming world?

I say: No.

You said: And have any of you been on one of the machines that i went on or anything like it?

I say: No.

You said: And one more where do you think gaming is heading?

I say: Into the future.
Mon 20/05/02 at 22:06
Regular
"ProGolfer"
k i am back now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.