GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*More high street gaming complaints*"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/05/02 at 14:13
Regular
Funny isn’t it, how It seems that when any of us pop into high street gaming shops (In this case Game) that we always seem to come back to SR with a story of there sheer incompetence and how much of a joke some of there staff really are. I guess the saying that we are a nation of moaners is correct, but this time, it was really all-there loss.

As you will know, I went into town today, thinking of getting ISS 2, so I popped into game and started looking on the shelves in the new release section. Nothing. They did not have one copy of the game up there. I was pretty shocked by this, I was sure it was out, yet they did not have a copy.

So before I walked out, I decided to ask the woman behind the counter:

“ISS 2 you say…you sure there is such a thing?” she asked

I tried not to laugh, but I could not help it. Anyway, she started searching the book they always have under the counter looking for it…to cut a long story short, they had the games in, they had them delivered on the Thursday, yet they had not had them on the shelves, and it was now 10am Monday morning…are they mad?

How much money could they have lost because they could not be bothered to plainly put them on the shelves, many people would have just walked in, not seen it and then walked out, they didn’t even have any adverts up for it.

Sheesh, the stupidity of some companies is beyond me…I ended up with the game though, and as compensation I got a free reward card.

Yippee! :D
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:13
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Funny isn’t it, how It seems that when any of us pop into high street gaming shops (In this case Game) that we always seem to come back to SR with a story of there sheer incompetence and how much of a joke some of there staff really are. I guess the saying that we are a nation of moaners is correct, but this time, it was really all-there loss.

As you will know, I went into town today, thinking of getting ISS 2, so I popped into game and started looking on the shelves in the new release section. Nothing. They did not have one copy of the game up there. I was pretty shocked by this, I was sure it was out, yet they did not have a copy.

So before I walked out, I decided to ask the woman behind the counter:

“ISS 2 you say…you sure there is such a thing?” she asked

I tried not to laugh, but I could not help it. Anyway, she started searching the book they always have under the counter looking for it…to cut a long story short, they had the games in, they had them delivered on the Thursday, yet they had not had them on the shelves, and it was now 10am Monday morning…are they mad?

How much money could they have lost because they could not be bothered to plainly put them on the shelves, many people would have just walked in, not seen it and then walked out, they didn’t even have any adverts up for it.

Sheesh, the stupidity of some companies is beyond me…I ended up with the game though, and as compensation I got a free reward card.

Yippee! :D
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:14
"High polygon count"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Sheesh, the stupidity of some companies is beyond me…I ended up with
> the game though, and as compensation I got a free reward card.

Hmm.

Reward Cards are free anyway, matey! :-)
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:19
Regular
Well, thats not what she told me...she said you have to pay £2 usually.

Hmm, im thinking they arent as dumb as they look...
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:22
"High polygon count"
Well, I suppose there's a chance they've introduced a charge, but I certainly didn't pay anything for mine.

My last voucher was for £14 - highest I ever had was £28, I think.
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:24
Regular
I dont shop there often enough to get anything back on vouchers, so theres no real point in me having one anyway.

This is the first game that i have bought from the high street since last october.
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:29
Regular
"  "
Wookie just showd us his loyalty for SR :D

Any way i think most highstreet gameshop assistants are all pains in the ar.....they just dont seem to know what there on about. I asked if they had Moto Gp 2 in stock (i could see one behind counter) but they got a release list out and sed sorry it isn't out yet! What the hell!

Any way...just goes to show....home shopping is less hassle..and cheaper :D
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:33
"High polygon count"
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Wookie just showd us his loyalty for SR :D

I've never made any secret about shopping elsewhere!

I get 99% of my console games from SR, but there's other stuff I get from Game. PC games, for example, are often cheaper or the same price in Game as on SR. So if I'm in the shop, I'll get it, rather than wait for the delivery.
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:38
Regular
"  "
I know...i know :D

For my unbeleivable behavour u can have a free TESCO's loyalty card.
Mon 20/05/02 at 15:47
"High polygon count"
Oh joy! Thank you sooooo much!

As you're a Spurs fan, I'll say thanks by buying you 11 cabbages. You can give them to Glen Twaddle as a replacement first-team squad.

Got to be better than the current vegetables you have. :-)
Mon 20/05/02 at 16:10
Regular
"  "
Now thats an offer i cant refuse....u couldn't get us some melons could yah? Or maybe they haven't been released yet :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.