GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"After the spark has gone..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/05/02 at 14:12
Regular
It's been about 4 months since I received my special parcel from SR containing my lovingly wrapped blue PS2 box, GTA3, DMC and PES.
As you can imagine, the intial honeymoon period (2weeks somewhere tropical) was amazing. Do I spend huge chunks of time, massacring innocents, making darting runs into the box or obtaining ludicrous amounts of hangtime by virtue of expert pistol control? However after 2-3 weeks I found that I was consistently putting away my swords and guns, instead donning my natty shinpads. This can't be right. I love my PS2, laying down, upright or indeed from behind.
I convinced myself that all relationships had their shaky points, noisy drives, etc. Undaunted I continued to buy her gifts of love and various trinkets, notably - RGB scart lead, contoller extensions, Silent Hill 2, Half Life, SOE, SSX-Tricky. This continued for the next couple of months but there was no denying that my interest in her was waning and not even a brief dalliance with the DOA2 ladies could restore my love for my PS2. I don't know why it turned out this way.....I think I was attracted by her looks, her shape....but I've found her increasingly shallow....she even pretended that MGS2 could save our relationship.
Maybe I should accept it's all over!! I know we will always have our special times in PES but is that enough to maintain this dysfunctional relationship? She has offered to give it another go, promising me the beautiful Normandy beaches in June, though divorce is still uppermost in my mind.....can anyone out there help me?? I know you guys are experienced in matters like this.....
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:12
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
It's been about 4 months since I received my special parcel from SR containing my lovingly wrapped blue PS2 box, GTA3, DMC and PES.
As you can imagine, the intial honeymoon period (2weeks somewhere tropical) was amazing. Do I spend huge chunks of time, massacring innocents, making darting runs into the box or obtaining ludicrous amounts of hangtime by virtue of expert pistol control? However after 2-3 weeks I found that I was consistently putting away my swords and guns, instead donning my natty shinpads. This can't be right. I love my PS2, laying down, upright or indeed from behind.
I convinced myself that all relationships had their shaky points, noisy drives, etc. Undaunted I continued to buy her gifts of love and various trinkets, notably - RGB scart lead, contoller extensions, Silent Hill 2, Half Life, SOE, SSX-Tricky. This continued for the next couple of months but there was no denying that my interest in her was waning and not even a brief dalliance with the DOA2 ladies could restore my love for my PS2. I don't know why it turned out this way.....I think I was attracted by her looks, her shape....but I've found her increasingly shallow....she even pretended that MGS2 could save our relationship.
Maybe I should accept it's all over!! I know we will always have our special times in PES but is that enough to maintain this dysfunctional relationship? She has offered to give it another go, promising me the beautiful Normandy beaches in June, though divorce is still uppermost in my mind.....can anyone out there help me?? I know you guys are experienced in matters like this.....
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:17
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yes, i have had relationship troubles with my PS2 at times also, but im afraid that there is nothing much you can do, you just have to live it out, wait till something comes along to put that spark back in there, something to re-ignite that passion you once had for your PS2.

Failing that..get a Gamecube. :D
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:20
"High polygon count"
I've been unfaithful twice, but she knows she's the love of my life. :-)
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:38
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
There are no more fish in the sea.....that american lass looks like she might die young and is a bit of a one trick pony, and although I like the japanese angle of the other chick she just seems to be interested in kids and nothing too serious........:o(
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:41
Regular
"  "
mothballed wrote:
> There are no more fish in the sea.....that american lass looks like
> she might die young and is a bit of a one trick pony, and although I
> like the japanese angle of the other chick she just seems to be
> interested in kids and nothing too serious........:o(

Lol thanks for making me laugh.

Dont forget...u could always go with the ageing mother of your gal...a bit grey mind u.
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:44
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Na†ßu© wrote:
> mothballed wrote:
> There are no more fish in the sea.....that american lass looks like
> she might die young and is a bit of a one trick pony, and although I
> like the japanese angle of the other chick she just seems to be
> interested in kids and nothing too serious........:o(
>
>
> Lol thanks for making me laugh.
>
> Dont forget...u could always go with the ageing mother of your gal...a
> bit grey mind u.

She was indeed a bit of a goer in her day.....Though now I am dreaming of my beloveds younger sister....I know it's wrong but I just can't help myself.....
Tue 21/05/02 at 10:17
Give her a hard drive, and the world's your oyster.
Tue 21/05/02 at 10:31
Regular
"  "
LOL! So many jokes that r all funny!
Tue 21/05/02 at 11:40
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
We have thought about spicing things up.....maybe trying some group action but I've got reservations about 3 of my mates getting their grubby hands on her.....
Tue 21/05/02 at 11:59
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Heh, thats was amusing..

But do you really wanna cheat on her with a Midget or a Big Mama? :D

Just stay with the sytlish PS 2, she will treat you well in the coming months...

(Medal of Honour Frontline, Prisoner of War etc)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.