GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda Storyline!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/05/02 at 10:21
Regular
The next Zelda does not feature Zelda (again) but instead it is Link's quest to rescue is sister! Who from? How? Who is his sister? I thought Link was an only child? Ah the confusion, about to be cleaned up at E3 no doubt.

Vote Nintendo Vote Dringo.
Mon 20/05/02 at 22:14
Regular
thegerrid wrote:
> Link was searching for Saria at the beginning of Majora's mask,
> because, although he never said a word to her, obviously loves her
> (ahhhh), and she ran off after she gave him the ocarina, and after she
> appeared to him in the forest temple.
> she isn't his sister i don't think,

Saria is a sage... that is why she dissapeared... jeez!
Mon 20/05/02 at 22:13
Regular
Pringle28 wrote:
> are we still talking about the sh*ty cartoon game?...
>
> ...if so i dont care what the plot is cos im not gonna get it.
> The other day i thought, hey so what if the graphics are a bit
> terrible. its the gameplay that counts right? lets at least give that
> a run for its money. Well anyway I was in toys r us and i saw a copy
> of sell damage. I thought well lets check it out. see if this sell
> shading idea looks good. i bought it.
>
> sell shading is so annoying!!!!!! It makes objects look 2d with
> reflections that look 2 d aswell. It has really wierd ways of making
> you feel sick! Oh i wish cal shading was never invented!

play Jet Set Radio and then you'll change your mind... Cell damage is crap JSR is wonderful!
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:21
Regular
"Link to the Future"
All very, very confusing. I did hear a suggestion that the new Zelda may be in the same time frame as the first few Zelda games, so maybe that's why the graphics are how they are, maybe, but i seriously doubt it.
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
why do all these girls like Link? he never. says. anythying.
ah, maybe that's what i kepp doing wrong...
*wanders off*
Mon 20/05/02 at 19:53
Regular
Darunia calling Link brother is like you calling a friend brother they aren't really your brother but it's like another word for mate. As for Saria, Link and her seem like they might get jiggy at the beggining of Ocarina so unless he's got some Princess Leia thing going on then I doubt that she's his sister.
Mon 20/05/02 at 19:37
Regular
"Long time no see!"
When I said Saria's probably Link's sister I didn't mean it as in 'blood-relative'. No.

Is Darunia - leader of the Gororns - a blood relation to Link?? No.
But in Ocarina of Time he does call him brother after Link destroys of the Dodongo's in the Dodongo's Cavern. And I believe that it's something similar to that that makes Saria Link's sister.

Probably because he saved her from the Forest Temple, and they're so close friendship-wise that they're just like a brother and sister.

Get it now?? ;)
Mon 20/05/02 at 19:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Link was searching for Saria at the beginning of Majora's mask, because, although he never said a word to her, obviously loves her (ahhhh), and she ran off after she gave him the ocarina, and after she appeared to him in the forest temple.
she isn't his sister i don't think, because in OOT, it tells you that link isn't a kokiri.
i thin kthat the link in the new Zelda is a link from "a link to the past" or the one from the original, rather than the link from OOT or MM
Mon 20/05/02 at 19:16
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
While everyone has been fumbling over this new Zelda story line thing I’ve finally been able to clear up something that I’ve been curious about for quite a while. First this story line and game had been thought up quite a while ago and development of the game come to think of it. But any Zelda fan would be able to understand what’s going on. If you think back to the last Zelda title on the N64: Majora’s Mask and cast your mine waaaaay back to the beginning sequence you’ll get what I’m talking about. It turns out that Majora’s mask had two parts to play. It wasn’t only a side quest but an introduction to the next game in the series, although a very subtle introduction. The first thing I thought when I played on the game was “Why the heck is Link randomly leaving Hyrule”. Apparently it was because he was travelling in order to find a dear friend of his, as it told you in the beginning cut scene before he was interrupted by the Skull Kid. So now it all makes sense. That dear friend is in fact his sister, who nobody has ever heard of before.
Good, so that sorts that out. But what on earth is the game actually going to involve. No doubt some evil overlord will take hostage Link’s sister and it’s Link’s task to rescue her. But knowing Nintendo’s new slant on “modern and original” gaming they’ll probably come up with something totally weird. Perhaps Link’s sister will be the evil overlord or perhaps Link’s sister is just a ploy to lure Link into some evil trap? Who knows?
Another thing that’s bothering me is the fact that he’s “making a journey” to somewhere. What does this mean for the game? Perhaps this will give the game a more linear approach. But if there’s one thing for sure it won’t take place in Hyrule. This might mean very little appearances of your favourite creatures from OOT such as the Gorons and the Zoras. No Ganondorf perhaps? But there might be a “Ganon” of sorts, since its appeared in most of the other games. But anyhow, moving the Zelda series into a totally new location allows the developers to come up with even more crazy and different worlds.
Each Zelda series on each console tends to take a different story line. They don’t seem to fit together, unless you listen to NGC Magazine’s theory of several different Links all born in the same place all saving the same named princess all at different times. But from what I’ve discussed here the GC Zelda will probable follow up from the N64 Zledas directly. And that’s not a bad thing considering that the N64 Zeldas are the best games of all time. Oh well. Come this time next year we’ll all be about half way through the game. Let the patient waiting commence.....................I want Zelda!!!
Mon 20/05/02 at 18:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
evilist wrote:
> If you folow the story lines of all the zelda games ever released, you
> soon realised that they are all contradicting each other, and in fact
> make no sense at all.
>
> The best stratagy is to treat each zelda game as totally new, or else
> you are pretty much gonna end up with something that pretty much
> resembles a badly written soap.

they do make sense, because they do not all feature the same links and zeldas.
for instance, on 'a link to the past', it says "the predecessors to link and zelda battling monsters..."

so you can piece the story together if you really want to, but basically, it starts like it says at the beginnig of OOT, but there was lots of other things that happened between Majora's mask and the next Zelda, like Link going to the island in DX

it's all in NGC 61 folks
Mon 20/05/02 at 17:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Zelda's a completely different game to Cel Damage!
And I bet that game plays alright - but not aswell as Zelda will - due to Nintendo!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.