GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any plans for Twisted Metal: Black to go Platinum?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/05/02 at 21:06
Regular
It was only 20 quid on the dixons website a while back as an online exclsuive price. At that point though I only had one pad and it seems like a multiplayer game.

Now I have 3 pads and a multitap (and about 20 reddies!! So I can get that free one to complete the collection of pads) but when I went back to the Dixons site it was no longer there.

Everywhere I have looked it is 30-40 quid, and I don't wanna pay that much. So any plans for Platinum?

And can you give me any suggestions for great 4 player games? Unreal any good?
Tue 21/05/02 at 16:55
Regular
i doubt Twisted Metal will ever go platinum, it is uncommn i most shops and i just doubt it.
Tue 21/05/02 at 16:54
Regular
Timesplitters is ace 4 player.
Mon 20/05/02 at 16:22
If you're not fussed about get it brand new, check out somewhere like ebay. You could find someone selling cheap on there.
Mon 20/05/02 at 13:11
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
In my view due to the fact that TM:B was not a big seller here in the UK it will not be a platinum, but you may be able to find it cheap some where. But saying that i think it is the best two player game ever along side Goldeneye or Twisted metal 2 on PS1.
Mon 20/05/02 at 10:16
Regular
"  "
It's bin out long enough buti dont think that it will be platinum as it sold a poor amount of copies....only got to about 20th in the charts so i dont see it coming soon. However some shops always sell old games cheaply so u might have to shop around (look in gamestation they have loads of cheapn's. Oh and i alos saw it for £24.99 on *cough* Gameplay *cough*
Mon 20/05/02 at 08:05
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i havent heard it will be on platinun yet i dont think it will for a long time either
Sun 19/05/02 at 21:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've heard no plans for twisted metal to become a platinum release. I don't think we'll be seeing it on platinum soon either. I think a game has to be out for a certain amount of time and sell a certain amount of copies before its upgraded to platinum status, I don't think TM:B has done this yet. You may be able to find it for around £20 if second hand though if you look around.
Sun 19/05/02 at 21:23
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Nah I've played Timesplitters loads. The one player is terrible and although the 4 player is great, it still doesn't match Mario Kart or Perfect Dark. I was hoping for something a bit better/different.

No news on TM:B?
Sun 19/05/02 at 21:17
Unreal should have been great but it was only ok and there is some nasty slow down in 4 player. Although if your after 4 player shooting games then i must recomend Timesplitters which is great fun, although the single player mode isn't that good you will find you want to play through it all to unlock all of the extra things for multiplayer. It's such a great game to play with mates, plus it has recently gone platinum. I've been writing a review for it today which i will post sometime tomorrow which you might want to read.
Sun 19/05/02 at 21:06
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
It was only 20 quid on the dixons website a while back as an online exclsuive price. At that point though I only had one pad and it seems like a multiplayer game.

Now I have 3 pads and a multitap (and about 20 reddies!! So I can get that free one to complete the collection of pads) but when I went back to the Dixons site it was no longer there.

Everywhere I have looked it is 30-40 quid, and I don't wanna pay that much. So any plans for Platinum?

And can you give me any suggestions for great 4 player games? Unreal any good?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.