GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Collymore : Misunderstood or Loser ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/10/00 at 18:39
Regular
Collymore has apparently signed for Bradford. Is this guy a complete loser or will there be a manager / club out there who will one day get the best out of him ?.
Thu 26/10/00 at 22:38
I remember when Collymore broke the transfer record and signed for my club Liverpool. I was delighted, he was just what we needed to replace an aging Ian Rush.....
Although he started brightly enough, his steady decline (in every repect of the word) both on and off the pitch, led me to wonder avidly just what we'd let ourselves in for. Collymore is no straight-forward English striker, and every club that he has ever played for will tell you that (and some more). At least we got some of our money's worth out of him, where-as he only scored one in one season for Villa, which isn't expected of a £7Million hit man. Although, he lived up to the 'hitman' image off the pitch with his celeb girlfriends....
To me, it seems that Collymore does like playing football, in fact he may even love it at times, but he's not reached 30 yet and his career is effectively over. His situation(s) are constantly exagerated by the press, but it's Collymore who creates the situations, and never learns to keep his head down. He takes his personal problems onto the pitch with him, and a footballer can't afford to do that at the highest premiership level. Collymore also has the knack of thinking he's the best player on this planet, resulting in selfish, undetermined performances and 'childish' tantrums. He is talented, but he doesn't combine his talent with the rest of his team. He needs to understand that he is a footballer and his job is to play football in a team, with his team, but it's too late now Stan, you've lived your career, it's finished, its over, and nobody wants you (its cruel but it's true!) With Stan Collymore, you dont just get a talented striker, you get the whole SORRY PACKAGE.
Stan Collymore: A 'Misunderstood Loser'
Thu 26/10/00 at 18:39
Collymore has apparently signed for Bradford. Is this guy a complete loser or will there be a manager / club out there who will one day get the best out of him ?.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.