GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/10/00 at 17:10
Regular
Sony have realised news that 500,000 of their new consoles will be given to large stores from later this week, and after that another 100,000 will br realised each week. This is a total of 1.3 million from now until Christmas.

Sony plans to ship the consoles to 20,000 storefronts, this should mean that a large store near you could have 25 later this week and another 5 every other this week, appartnetly Sony were forced to realise this info because of pressure by the gamers.

Sony have said that you will not be able to order off the net until all the stores are flowing with them, and will be bought on a first come first serve basis and no pre-order.

I suggest you get your slepping bag out your cupboard if you wish to own one of these machines.
Thu 26/10/00 at 21:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I checked on the playstation web-site and it did not mention were I just assumed it was for the UK!

If I am wrong sorry!
Thu 26/10/00 at 21:09
I was talking about the UK, not the USA launch. I've been to games shops in Bracknell, Taunton and other places. The people in the shop could be lying, but they all say the same thing as each other.
Thu 26/10/00 at 21:04
I've heard something similar to Jamie, most shopkeepers I've talked to seem to know the number of PS2's they are getting before christmas, but don't know whether they are coming in for the launch or for the next batch (in december)
But I've only spoken to three shops in my area and don't know what it's like everywhere else.
Thu 26/10/00 at 20:53
Is that for the American launch or the UK launch!!! I think its for the US launch. I hope that our voice carries for something so that we can get the same sort of information too. There were pre-orders in the US. Im confused. You are talking about the US launch, if youre not then why does it seem that you are?
Thu 26/10/00 at 18:57
All the shops now know their allocated units of PS2s up until christmas and it seems that everywhere I go there are shops with at least 1 or 2 order spaces left for the units. These are apparently assured quantities of consoles, so everyone who got a letter will be able to pick their console up, and there are still enough left for other people to order theirs now.
Thu 26/10/00 at 18:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I did not say I was camping out, I just thought you should know the latest news!
Thu 26/10/00 at 17:54
Regular
Don't know despite promises it will eventually run out and you'll have to wait for a long time to get it, go after school and it may be all sold out.
Thu 26/10/00 at 17:38
What will be happening about people like me who have already filled out an order form with a shop which has been sent off from Sony?
Thu 26/10/00 at 17:35
Regular
Who would want, to camp out for that?
You would be crazy enough to do it!
Wait until stores are filled are you joking, they will run out in a matter of minutes!
I think the machine has really got to people not gamers.
Despite them ripping you off people will buy it thinking that it's worth the money, wait till GC and X-Box comes.
Thu 26/10/00 at 17:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Sony have realised news that 500,000 of their new consoles will be given to large stores from later this week, and after that another 100,000 will br realised each week. This is a total of 1.3 million from now until Christmas.

Sony plans to ship the consoles to 20,000 storefronts, this should mean that a large store near you could have 25 later this week and another 5 every other this week, appartnetly Sony were forced to realise this info because of pressure by the gamers.

Sony have said that you will not be able to order off the net until all the stores are flowing with them, and will be bought on a first come first serve basis and no pre-order.

I suggest you get your slepping bag out your cupboard if you wish to own one of these machines.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.