GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Airplane etiquette 101"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/02/08 at 20:24
Regular
MSNBC

Come on then, share some of you airplane stories, I'm sure you've got quite a few Garin, what with you travelling the world and all.

Number 1 I feel is very important because it really ticks me off. I don't know why they let you recline your seat in the first place. Okay maybe when you're about to go to sleep that's fine. But it is incredibly difficult for me to use the seat table or even see the tiny screen properly. I have to squash down and it's so uncomfortable, the complete opposite of what my neighbour infront of me is experiencing. And because I got so ticked off by having it done to me I dont want to be a jerk to the person behind me and do it to them.

Apart from that pet peeve my last plane experience was quite enjoyable. :)
Thu 28/02/08 at 10:11
"possibly impossible"
I've been on flights all my life. Thinking back, I must have been on almost 1 flight for every year on average (sometimes none and sometimes 2 or 3 a year), I've seen Ibiza before it had more than about 5 hotels and I've been as near as France and as far as India.

Looking at the list, I don't agree with all of them...

1.How to recline your seat back
This is fair enough, never had a problem with it, though.

2.Where to stow your carry-on
I've never seen anyone put their bags that far away from their seat before, but I have seen them try to fill up the next overhead compartment or put stuff so near the front it falls out as soon as you open the door. I like to keep my stuff under the seat in front so I can get to it.

3.What to wear on an airplane
All I can say is that I wouldn't complain if women wore that on my journey :) Still, I can't see a problem with clothes, it's more BO problems that I've had the worst luck with in the past. Sitting next to some (mostly fat) people who just stink is not pleasant.

4. What to do about the armrest
Not been a problem, really. I don't usually put my arms on the rest anyway, too busy playing games or watching something.

5.How to display your affection in public
Hah, never seen this, but I guess it would make some people feel uncomfortable. Solution: Cheer them and make 'appreciative' noises, they'll soon stop.

6.What to do about the kids
Biggest thing for me, no matter how you try there will always be times when the kids won't keep quiet. I agree with the running around part, that's just plain rude, but my eldest suffers with the pressure on her ears quite a lot which sometimes leads to bouts of loud crying. Difficult to stop. Perhaps there should be seperate sections for families and kidless people?

7.When to go to the bathroom
Most people I've travelled next to seem to have enough common sense to know when it's not convenient to get out of their seat.

8.What to do about the window shade
Not been a problem, really.

9. How to chat up your neighbo(u)r
Not been a problem on the night flights I was on. Mind you, I can never get any sleep on those flights anyway, even if I'm in business class and have a curtain.

10. How to leave the lavatory
Always wonder who doesn't bother cleaning up after themselves, possibly the same people who leave dirty cups and plates in the sink at work for weeks in the hope someone else will clean them.

11. How to use your cell phone on an airplane
I didn't think they were allowed at all in flight, anyway??
Thu 28/02/08 at 03:14
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I think aircraft seating is some kind of social experiment to see how people behave. You might get lucky and have nobody sitting behind but otherwise reclining your seat involves trading somebody elses comfort for your own. Its the same with you having to share armrests. Surely nobody thought it was a good idea to design a seat with the ability to inflict discomfort on people sitting near you.
Wed 27/02/08 at 21:58
Regular
"cachoo"
Surely people should be able to wear what they like on flights? Whatever is most comfy, eh. T-shirts like those will probably brighten a lot of peoples day up!
Wed 27/02/08 at 21:50
Regular
The thing about clothing is just hilarious, I think more people should wear those shirts.
Wed 27/02/08 at 21:05
Regular
"Monochromatic"
My nightmare flight in any flight in which i'm a passenger. It'll take something highly important to get me anywhere near the airport. I was supposed to get on a flight at the start of this month but thankfully (or not) i didnt need to.
Wed 27/02/08 at 21:00
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Remember my flight back from Florida and having the seat RIGHT NEXT TO the toilet. I had a single seat in the middle row of the plane. Couldn't recline my seat as it would obstruct the entrance to the toilets.

Every time a film ended I had people walking into the back of my chair knocking over things. The annoying thing was it was a night flight and really could do with getting some sleep.

Anybody know why they put pillows on the night flight? The furthest the chairs recline is bolt upright withe the headrest making you lean forward. The pillow just makes the inevitable thing of dozing off and smacking your head on the tray happen quicker!
Wed 27/02/08 at 20:37
Regular
"cachoo"
Haha. Good find, Machie.

I've never had an unpleasant flight, thankfully. Only one time, there was a little girl behind my seat kicking it every so often but eventually she dropped off to sleep, phew.

Oh! I remember on the flight to NY, the lady next to me fell asleep and had her arm on the buttons to change the TV. :(
Wed 27/02/08 at 20:24
Regular
MSNBC

Come on then, share some of you airplane stories, I'm sure you've got quite a few Garin, what with you travelling the world and all.

Number 1 I feel is very important because it really ticks me off. I don't know why they let you recline your seat in the first place. Okay maybe when you're about to go to sleep that's fine. But it is incredibly difficult for me to use the seat table or even see the tiny screen properly. I have to squash down and it's so uncomfortable, the complete opposite of what my neighbour infront of me is experiencing. And because I got so ticked off by having it done to me I dont want to be a jerk to the person behind me and do it to them.

Apart from that pet peeve my last plane experience was quite enjoyable. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.