GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Price Drop"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/05/02 at 20:22
Regular
I've just read that Gamecue will be dropping in price (in America) from $200 to $149.

That is roughly £102. Is this just an American thing or can we expect to get a Gamecube for EVEN cheaper.

P.S. Are their any rumours on PS2 and XBOX price drops at all?
Tue 21/05/02 at 16:06
Re price drop on Xbox and PS2…

Actually stateside, GC was the last to announce a price drop. Xbox was the first to drop price, then PS2, both to $199.

Considering the US price for the GC was actually more than the European release price, (I paid €199 in Dublin and a euro is only about 90¢ US), we were actually paying less than the Americans for the GC, until this US price drop.
Mon 20/05/02 at 12:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I want to get two official controlers because they are better than the third party ones. I might just buy 2 Logic 3 propads at £14.99 each so that I can play against my mates. The £9.99 controllers look bulky and if the cheap N64 controllers are anything to go by, they will probably be crap as well! I'll get 3 controllers at first but SR are bound to give free gifts soon so I will get the crappy controller as a free gift.

I want to get 4 games because I have got the money to at the moment and I want a nice collection to start me off. In process of trying to win GAD. Got a few good topics, just need to write them!

The soundstation was only if the sound on the TV is crap. I've got an extremely large tv in my room. About 18 years old! It's a large screen, colour and good picture but the sound on it is quite... poo

I need the RF changer thingy because the TV is so old!

The mini screen will only be if I go on holiday again this year. We usually DRIVE to Italy! Imagine a day sat in a car with nothing to play. Mmmm just thought, I could get a GBA! Good idea!
Mon 20/05/02 at 10:25
Regular
Nintendo of America just annoucned that they have put the price down to $149
Sun 19/05/02 at 22:24
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
£100? Lol... Will SR refund us on that too? Nah :o)
Sun 19/05/02 at 21:09
Regular
"Link to the Future"
You forgot Metroid Prime!!!
Sun 19/05/02 at 20:58
Regular
fosbe wrote:
> What do you think i should get? A gamecube or an xbox? I need to way
> up the pros nd cons. Does anyone no some top notch games that will be
> comin out on the game cube and not on the xbox?

Good games that won't be coming out on X-Box, here's a few

Star Wars Rogue Leader
Mario Sunshine
Pikmin
Smash Bros Melee
Resident Evil 1-4, Code Veronica and Zero
Die Hard Vendetta
Eternal Darkness
Wave Race
Super Monkey Ball 1+2
Zelda
Wario World

The list goes on. That's the thing about the X box there aren't many exclusive game they're mainly PS2 ports, Dreamcast ports or PC ports.
Sun 19/05/02 at 20:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
you like games? you want GC then.
like Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball
Super Smash Bros. Mellée
Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, 4, 0, code veronica,
Pikmin (that is addictive, i can tell you)
Burnout
ISS2
Sonic 2
Zelda, Mario,
the list goes on. just look at special reserve catalogue.
What do you want on the XBOX? some updated dreamcast games and Halo? great
Sun 19/05/02 at 19:17
Regular
"ProGolfer"
What do you think i should get? A gamecube or an xbox? I need to way up the pros nd cons. Does anyone no some top notch games that will be comin out on the game cube and not on the xbox?
Sun 19/05/02 at 19:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I've read and heard about people complaining about the price of the GC, because of all the 'extras' you have to buy????!

I got a GC/Scart Lead/One Controller and three quality games, and a massive mem card for £240.

Thats an XBox and one game. Not much of a hard decision is it?
Sun 19/05/02 at 18:59
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Sony have announced NO price drop.

Soi I guess all 3 consoles will drop in september.... before xmas.

I got my GC for £170 with 2 games.:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.