GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AGHHHHH!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/02/08 at 18:40
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Just spent 45 minutes filling in a complex online application to dfs only for the page to time out on me!

D'oh!

Got to love job hunting...
Wed 27/02/08 at 18:40
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Just spent 45 minutes filling in a complex online application to dfs only for the page to time out on me!

D'oh!

Got to love job hunting...
Wed 27/02/08 at 19:20
Regular
Yeah its a pain when you get timed out when you're about to submit something.

Why the new job I thought you were loving it in GAME? I don't know much about DFS, except they have sales every weekend and the adverts always have huge awkward (usually corner) sofas that no one could possibly fit in their living room.
Wed 27/02/08 at 20:10
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Well I left game at the end of December as the management were basically taking the mick. I just felt like the glue holding the store together (i.e. nobody seemed to follow the rules, bother upselling, loyalty etc.) and I also wanted a full time job with career prospects.

Came to a head a week before christmas where 3 people didn't turn up for work and the manager decided it would be more effective if he spent his shift hiding in the stockroom and leaving me to deal with the 60+ customers in the queue alone, before having a right go at me for poor attachment rates, shop floor sales and loyalty. Pretty much told them where they could stick the role that evening.

Then went to Outbound calling at Cornhill Direct and ended up being so close to cold calling that I refused to do it anymore, which was a shame as the company was great. Just wished they'd were more honest with me to start with.

Leading up to now. Not sure if I can handle working for DFS actually. "Do you like this new Linda Barker design? No? Don't blame you. It's awful!!"
Wed 27/02/08 at 20:28
Regular
That's a pity about GAME but it was obviously the right choice and again with the job after, cold calling is just plain wrong.

So hippy what would you like to do for a career? I can't see you as a kid wanting to grow up to be a sofa salesman. Have you ever had a dream like EB wanting to be a fireman? Or Eccles wanting to work for Freeola?
Wed 27/02/08 at 20:49
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I don't really know. Had to make radical changes due to unavoidble circumstances several times. Just need to get myself established and then look for something I really want to do.

Actually someone in game worked for special reserve. Sadly Tony doesn't like him (or so I've heard).

So freeola- any job vacancies where I can work from here? Or spare GAD's going so I can afford to keep up with everyone in the entertainment forum?

I'm gonna have to submit more walkthroughs I think :S One on the way soon guys...(and girls)
Wed 27/02/08 at 23:02
Regular
"eat toast!"
incidently, i'm planning to join a company that will train me up in 9 weeks with industry recognised qualifications, a job placement with possability with permeant placement and if i don't get a job in 4 months i get my money back.

Sounds good doesn't it? I'll tell you in a couple months time. Hopefully i get a job.
Thu 28/02/08 at 09:32
"possibly impossible"
I've never really had any idea what I wanted to do, certainly not Finance, but it's ok for now.

I guess one thing I would have loved to do would have been Journalism. The only other thing I could think of would be to be an author, but then like so many other people in the world I keep making excuses not to start writing a novel, despite having so many ideas.
Thu 28/02/08 at 09:57
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
What really pangs is me not getting interested in football. I've ben told my co-ordination is good and have promise, but I'm nearly 20 and probably won't have a chance finding a pub team, let alone a career in it. Actually takes over my life at the moment...probably best I don't ruin it by trying to get in somewhere.

That's great news Spoonbeast, what company is it? Hope you get it.
Mon 10/03/08 at 17:49
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Wait ages for a job interview and two come at once...

And even my stepbrother has got one on Wendnesday!

Both are pretty well paid, just one is by the old severn crossing (beautiful location) and the othr is in Yate (rubbish location, but probably within 10 minutes walk from my house).

The second pays better and would have lower transport fees etc. But hope to get an offer for at least one of them and no offer until both have gotten back to me.

Decisions...providing I am accepted for either of them :p
Tue 11/03/08 at 18:19
"The DEPRESSOR"
Too much typing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.