GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sim Golf"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/05/02 at 14:38
Regular
Okay, I've seen a few shots of this game and I'm interested. Without being judgmental because it's about golf, could someone tell me what it is like or could someone show me a linky to a website that might give me a better idea about whether I should spend my well-earned quids on this game.

Any information gratefully appreciated.
Sat 18/05/02 at 14:38
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Okay, I've seen a few shots of this game and I'm interested. Without being judgmental because it's about golf, could someone tell me what it is like or could someone show me a linky to a website that might give me a better idea about whether I should spend my well-earned quids on this game.

Any information gratefully appreciated.
Sat 18/05/02 at 21:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
http://simgolf.ea.com/

Its the official site that also has a playable demo you can download. I've tried the demo and its quite a fun management game, not as boring as I expected it to be.
Sat 18/05/02 at 22:31
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Cheers Cipro. As you can tell, I'm a very lazy person. :D
Sun 19/05/02 at 11:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Heh, yep I'm a bit of a lazy git myself. I need to do some exercises but I just can't be bothered, i blame that long summer I had off when I finished high school. The laziest two months of my life.
Sun 19/05/02 at 22:15
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I've played the demo of Sim Golf and it was absolutely brilliant. Its one of those games though that seems really crap when you first begin to play it but it grows on you very quickly. I had a couple of golfers get stuck on the golf course on m in the demo so I hope that'll be fixed in the finished version.
Sun 19/05/02 at 23:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I didn't realise it was going to be 39 meg so it took a while. Worth it though. I enjoyed it. I'm definitely getting the game.
Mon 20/05/02 at 10:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yeah I liked the demo as well. Not useually a fan of golf games, but this is more of a management sim than a golf sim. I'm also considering buying the game, but it isn't on the top of my list. Still though I think it will sit well with all my other management sim games.
Mon 20/05/02 at 13:20
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It managed to keep me entertained for 2 hours easy and this is just a demo where you can only make 3 holes. This game could easy take a day of my time without me realising.
Fri 24/05/02 at 23:10
Regular
"smile, it's free"
It's a pretty good game actually. I got it from a website which has a
demo*, of the full game. Can't play it much though, as I should be revising.

*It's a demo, Honest guv... :)
Fri 24/05/02 at 23:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, it has really surprised me how good it is. It's playable and it's big because the demo is just a snipet of the game. It must be great to make an 18 hole course.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.