GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"10 Ways To Ensure People Respond To Your Topics."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/05/02 at 14:36
Regular
Having posted many a message that no one responds to, I thought Id share with you my theories on how to get guarunteed responses:

1.Get Yourself Banned
This is pretty much guarunteed to make you seem like a rebel, then you can sign up under another name and complain about your previous username being banned, and campaigning to get them allowed back on, then once your old name is back on your guarunteed to have people respond to you, after all, your the rebel who beat the system.

2.Make Fun Of Midgets
Just look at all the Gary Coleman Posts currently on the board, after all who cant laugh at a debilitating handicap - oh my god he looks younger and shorter than he should be - HOW FUNNY IS THAT!

3.Start A Longest Ever Thread
After all, long threads rule, even if they contain nothing but drivel.

4.Have a Title that has nothing to do with your topic.
This will at least mean that people will shout at you - GREAT!

5.Insult Nintendo
Nintendoids hate this - dont know why.

6. Insult Sega
Sega Fans hate this

7.Support Microsoft
Everyone will hate you - and many will call for you to be deemed insane.

8.Write Episode 2 spoilers in topics that have nothing to do with it.
This will annoy so many people - and possibly spoil the film - so many will rspond - it must be done!

9.Make up a news story
Plane Crashes and Shootings are flavour of the month, so make up a news story and people will ask you where you saw it - they maight believe you - THE FOOLS!

10.Come up with a stupid 10 Ways To list
These are only for the seriously desperate, and should only be turned to as a last resort. They take no intellegence to produce and can be knocked up in minutes with minimum effort.
Sat 18/05/02 at 14:36
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Having posted many a message that no one responds to, I thought Id share with you my theories on how to get guarunteed responses:

1.Get Yourself Banned
This is pretty much guarunteed to make you seem like a rebel, then you can sign up under another name and complain about your previous username being banned, and campaigning to get them allowed back on, then once your old name is back on your guarunteed to have people respond to you, after all, your the rebel who beat the system.

2.Make Fun Of Midgets
Just look at all the Gary Coleman Posts currently on the board, after all who cant laugh at a debilitating handicap - oh my god he looks younger and shorter than he should be - HOW FUNNY IS THAT!

3.Start A Longest Ever Thread
After all, long threads rule, even if they contain nothing but drivel.

4.Have a Title that has nothing to do with your topic.
This will at least mean that people will shout at you - GREAT!

5.Insult Nintendo
Nintendoids hate this - dont know why.

6. Insult Sega
Sega Fans hate this

7.Support Microsoft
Everyone will hate you - and many will call for you to be deemed insane.

8.Write Episode 2 spoilers in topics that have nothing to do with it.
This will annoy so many people - and possibly spoil the film - so many will rspond - it must be done!

9.Make up a news story
Plane Crashes and Shootings are flavour of the month, so make up a news story and people will ask you where you saw it - they maight believe you - THE FOOLS!

10.Come up with a stupid 10 Ways To list
These are only for the seriously desperate, and should only be turned to as a last resort. They take no intellegence to produce and can be knocked up in minutes with minimum effort.
Sat 18/05/02 at 14:40
Regular
Heh (read the tenth point)
Sat 18/05/02 at 14:52
Regular
"round the outside"
hehe:D
Sat 18/05/02 at 14:58
Regular
"That's right!"
Ha ha, very good
Sat 18/05/02 at 15:11
heh funny indeed
Sat 18/05/02 at 16:25
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Oh, mercy!
It works on so many different levels.
Sat 18/05/02 at 19:10
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Hehehe.

11. Make sure that, if you're starting a topic, you're not called swander87: this name will ensure you get no replies.

:'(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.