GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GD & PHP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/05/02 at 22:50
Regular
OK, my aim is to set up my computer to run GD so that I can use PHP to generate images. I have looked at a WebMonkey guide at:
- http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/01/21/index4a.html

but I'm not very good at the software-backend of things - e.g. compiling etc.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could guide me through the setup of GD and other necessary 'libraries' on my server. My current setup is as follows:

- Windows XP Home Edition (yeah, not good, but it came with the PC)
- Apache 1.3.20
- PHP 4.2.0

Thanks for your help in advance...
Wed 22/05/02 at 17:35
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It's a graphics library. It lets you do graphics stuff. See my "Genius" thread.
Wed 22/05/02 at 17:13
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
So what is GD again???
Wed 22/05/02 at 16:17
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i think xp is good
Wed 22/05/02 at 16:01
It's incredibly configurable....

And just to prove it, I have managed to install GD 2.0 on my PC on windows XP without using FoxServe or cygwin or easyphp or anything like that - thanks for your help anyway...
Wed 22/05/02 at 14:26
Regular
"How Handy."
You can configure anything you like, in fact its the most easily configurable of all the Windows I've used, add to that the fact it's fast and pretty, and I need to get it installed on this box.
Wed 22/05/02 at 14:17
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Faster is good in my book :O)

If I try configuring things anyway I f&%* it up, lol, so not letting me is and advantage, :o).
Wed 22/05/02 at 14:14
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
XP is horrible. It won't let you configure /anything/, and getting drivers/software is harder than it should be. It's only advantages over 2K is that it looks prettier, and is slightly faster.
Wed 22/05/02 at 13:50
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I think XP is great, from what I've seen :o).
Wed 22/05/02 at 12:53
Regular
"How Handy."
XP is damn nice, whatever anyone says.
Wed 22/05/02 at 10:26
Regular
"hockeyphotos.com"
Oh, and FoxServ will run under XP too (not that I would touch XP with a barge pole).

Chris.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.