GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, anti-depressants don't work...what job for depression sufferers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/02/08 at 09:58
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Click Here

I think it's a bold statement, but I suppose if they don't work, it's not a good idea pumping your body full of chemicals that it doesn't need.

But my reason for bringing this up is the way they've gone straight to media in a "told you so" fashion. I'm just thinking of the millions that take them and depend on them really for their well-being. I mean, what would you do if someone told you that the tablets that were keeping you from the pit of dispair weren't working (obviously you may have a tendancy to veer back towards that pit at any given cause). Where do you turn?

The funniest thing about the article, in my opinion, is the treatments that do work. Right at the bottom of the article says a treatment that will work is anti-depressants. Ca't seem to make up their minds.

What are your thoughts?
Tue 26/02/08 at 18:34
Regular
Free kittenz for everyone!

^-^
Tue 26/02/08 at 17:37
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Well, MDMA works, and is proven. But woooo! Class A drug!! Waaaah! If it works too well, it must be a health hazard.
Tue 26/02/08 at 15:39
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I was considering posting a topic on this last night when it came up on the BBC site.
I'm not suprised one bit to be honest. I must have spoken to about 20 or 30 people who have been on them and NOT ONE had a good thing to say about them. Most people said they made them feel worse, either through massively increased anxiety, illness or being turned semi-catatonic by them.
Tue 26/02/08 at 15:30
Regular
"cachoo"
I'm not sure I agree with that.
I really do find it hard to believe.

Reason being, is that they have helped me and helped people I know come out of the deepest and darkest depression imaginable.

Maybe it really is all in the mind, thinking a pill can help, when really it's the person who manages to do it.
Maybe I disagree with it because if it had nothing to do with the pills, then that would mean I was strong enough all along. Makes me wonder, once again, just how powerful the mind can be.

What I've always noticed is that in studies, the placebos and anti-depressants don't have much of a difference in success rate. Always found that interesting.
Tue 26/02/08 at 09:58
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Click Here

I think it's a bold statement, but I suppose if they don't work, it's not a good idea pumping your body full of chemicals that it doesn't need.

But my reason for bringing this up is the way they've gone straight to media in a "told you so" fashion. I'm just thinking of the millions that take them and depend on them really for their well-being. I mean, what would you do if someone told you that the tablets that were keeping you from the pit of dispair weren't working (obviously you may have a tendancy to veer back towards that pit at any given cause). Where do you turn?

The funniest thing about the article, in my opinion, is the treatments that do work. Right at the bottom of the article says a treatment that will work is anti-depressants. Ca't seem to make up their minds.

What are your thoughts?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.