GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christmas Presents...coming soon"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/05/02 at 14:36
Regular
I walk down the stairs and see the christmas tree, and under it I see a big shiny silver box with my name on it, its the size of the 48" TFT superwidescreen tv I wanted, so I hurry down the stairs, and in a fevered frenzy of anticipation I rip the wrapping paper off, my mouth salivating I expect to see my new TV, a tv that will make all my games, dvds, blu discs, and even tv look a lot better, imagine my shock when under all that wrapping paper, under all my hopes and dreams, that on the box it says "Microsoft Y Box - This Time Were Not Going To Screw Up". Opening the box it seems obvious that Microsoft have a plan - the bigger the console the more it wil sell, the Y box is a giant, I try to lift it out of its packaging, but it is evidently more than a one man job, frustrated with my inability to move it close enough to the TV to plug it in, I start flicking through the instruction manual and information pamphlets, there seems to be no obvious written language in them, it seems to be entirely binary, a load of facts and figures that no one can understand, oh wait at the bottom there is some english, it says "from these facts its obvious Y Box is the best console ever, at least 17.65 Million Percent Better than the Sony Playstation 3 or The Nintendo GameSphere". Im not impressed. I look to see if there are any games along with the console, there doesnt seem to be, worried I run up stairs to find my parents and ask them where the games are. Their reply was simple - "The man in the shop says that the consoles so good they decided that games wouldnt be made for it, the specs talk for themselves.". Oh great, now Im left with a huge ugly Microft Console with no good games to use on it, all the time being told a load of figures as to why it is so good. Oh well, the more things change the more they stay the same. At this time I could be playing Final Fantasy XXVII on PS3 or Mario The Geriatric Years on GameSphere, why did Microsoft have to unleash this evil on the world? Why? Why? Why?!?!

Umm, Does anyone want to buy a Y Box, unused with original packaging, it might make a good centrepiece....for a scrapyard.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 17/05/02 at 14:36
"MMMMM, Chicken"
I walk down the stairs and see the christmas tree, and under it I see a big shiny silver box with my name on it, its the size of the 48" TFT superwidescreen tv I wanted, so I hurry down the stairs, and in a fevered frenzy of anticipation I rip the wrapping paper off, my mouth salivating I expect to see my new TV, a tv that will make all my games, dvds, blu discs, and even tv look a lot better, imagine my shock when under all that wrapping paper, under all my hopes and dreams, that on the box it says "Microsoft Y Box - This Time Were Not Going To Screw Up". Opening the box it seems obvious that Microsoft have a plan - the bigger the console the more it wil sell, the Y box is a giant, I try to lift it out of its packaging, but it is evidently more than a one man job, frustrated with my inability to move it close enough to the TV to plug it in, I start flicking through the instruction manual and information pamphlets, there seems to be no obvious written language in them, it seems to be entirely binary, a load of facts and figures that no one can understand, oh wait at the bottom there is some english, it says "from these facts its obvious Y Box is the best console ever, at least 17.65 Million Percent Better than the Sony Playstation 3 or The Nintendo GameSphere". Im not impressed. I look to see if there are any games along with the console, there doesnt seem to be, worried I run up stairs to find my parents and ask them where the games are. Their reply was simple - "The man in the shop says that the consoles so good they decided that games wouldnt be made for it, the specs talk for themselves.". Oh great, now Im left with a huge ugly Microft Console with no good games to use on it, all the time being told a load of figures as to why it is so good. Oh well, the more things change the more they stay the same. At this time I could be playing Final Fantasy XXVII on PS3 or Mario The Geriatric Years on GameSphere, why did Microsoft have to unleash this evil on the world? Why? Why? Why?!?!

Umm, Does anyone want to buy a Y Box, unused with original packaging, it might make a good centrepiece....for a scrapyard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.