GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Instant Site"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/02/08 at 20:39
Regular
Hi,

I'm trying to do myself an instant site and the instructions clearly state that the links to my other stand-alone pages will appear in my navigation bar that I've chosen.

They don't... how do I get them to link?

The only way I can display my other 2 pages are by combining them with my home page...

I've had a look around, but nowt's jumping out at me as being a way of showing the links on my navigation bar.

Thank you in anticipation.
Mon 25/02/08 at 15:17
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Not at the moment I'm afraid. New gallery layout designs are something we will be looking at as part of ongoing improvements to Instant Sites.
Mon 25/02/08 at 12:20
Regular
I've set mine up as somewhere to store photos.

I've combined the Gallery pages into one, as I didn't want an extra entry in the menu for each gallery (eg, holiday, night out, birthday etc).

At the moment each gallery has an entry on the gallery page under a seperate heading, but all the thumbnails appear under that sub heading.

Is there a way of having a main gallery page, with say 3 thumbs from each gallery and a link to take the visitor to the main page for that sub-gallery.

Does that make sense?
Sun 24/02/08 at 21:56
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Many thanks for the feedback.
By default each page you make will have an entry on the navigation you have on your Instant site. You have the option to stop a page entry displaying on any menu when you chose what page type you wish to create. You also have the option to switch the display of a page in you navigation using the Menu/Navigation settings button on the main overview page.
At the moment it is not possible to have menu items that link to pages or other resources that are outside your Instant Site, i.e you can't have a menu item that is a link to http://freeola.com. We are working on allowing this in the near future.
Sun 24/02/08 at 06:59
Regular
Are you getting confused between 'links' and 'pages'. If you want them to appear on the navigation bar then you have to create a new page with that name.
If you're adding links on the links page than they'll only appear there.. hope this helps but I'm sure there'll be an expert along soon to explain it better :)

I have just starting building an insatnt site and I'm very impressed with the easiness of it and how quickly you can get it up there.. well done Freeola!

Jane

fonzie_fox wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do myself an instant site and the instructions
> clearly state that the links to my other stand-alone pages will
> appear in my navigation bar that I've chosen.
>
> They don't... how do I get them to link?
>
> The only way I can display my other 2 pages are by combining
> them with my home page...
>
> I've had a look around, but nowt's jumping out at me as being a
> way of showing the links on my navigation bar.
>
> Thank you in anticipation.
Sat 23/02/08 at 20:39
Regular
Hi,

I'm trying to do myself an instant site and the instructions clearly state that the links to my other stand-alone pages will appear in my navigation bar that I've chosen.

They don't... how do I get them to link?

The only way I can display my other 2 pages are by combining them with my home page...

I've had a look around, but nowt's jumping out at me as being a way of showing the links on my navigation bar.

Thank you in anticipation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.