GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Red Faction 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 14:55
Regular
Check out these screenshots of Red Faction 2:

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1779

To be honest I never really liked the origanal Red Faction game, the graphics weren't that great, the storyline was pretty thin and didn't draw you in like Half life and the multiplayer was a bit of a let down. The game to me just felt like a giant advertisement for the geo-mod engine which was onw of the good things about the game.

This sequel however looks like it could improve on these faults. I hope it does anyway, because although I found RF a dissapointing game it was still fun to play. For one thing the graphics in the screen shots look amazing, I actually thought these where shots off the PC or X-Box, but their straight from the PS2, The only console announced to have the sequel I might add.

It looks good, I just hope it plays good as well, although from what I've read of the game it certainly should be a joy to play. This time we get an improved geo-mod engine, 4 vehicles, 14 weapons (some duel handed as well, cool eh?) and a four player mode.

Wow, sounds like its going to another killer game for the PS2 alongside Medal of Honour: Frontline, I can't wait to get my hands on the game.
Sat 18/05/02 at 17:11
Regular
"TAGLINE ERROR!"
The new screenshots look great.
I still havn't got round to getting the original yet. bah.
Sat 18/05/02 at 14:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I agree with beanz, I found the game over hyped claiming to be better than half life. It wasn't, and despite it being fun to play through, I haven't gone back. Still the sequel is looking good and hopefully it will improve on the fualts of the origanal.
Sat 18/05/02 at 08:18
Regular
"accidental superher"
how can you say the graphics were fantastic....
loading times were very annoying
blowing up terrain was limited
and i have had a proper look at rf2 screenshots and although they quite good they don't match up to halo...well that's just my opinion
i'll buy it depending on reviews i reckon
Fri 17/05/02 at 21:40
Regular
"Back For Good"
Red Faction was a superb game, The graphics were fantastic, the enviroment was fully interactive and it was very playable. however the inapropiate loading screens were in daft places, it offered little replay value and now seems a bit dated, soooo bring on the seuquel :-D
Fri 17/05/02 at 18:37
Regular
i want the loading screens to go aswell they were annoying
Fri 17/05/02 at 15:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Gridloch wrote:
> The part in Red Faction where the APC is the part where you have 10
> miniutes to reach the craft that takes you to the space station. It's
> in one of the garages just before you go onto the surface of Mars, i
> don't know about anyone else but i took a good pounding in the APC and
> thats faster and armored compared to walking.

I can't remember it, I'll try and have a look later, before I sell the game.
Fri 17/05/02 at 15:31
"For the horde!!!!"
cipro wrote:
>
> Take the mine digger (or whatever its called) taken straight out of
> total recall yet there was no need to use the drill bit at the front.
>
> I also never found the APC at all in the game which was strange.

yes i have to agree at the driller could have been given better use in the game and maybe give more than 1 in the game.

if you didn't find the APC you must have strugled to complete Red faction.

The part in Red Faction where the APC is the part where you have 10 miniutes to reach the craft that takes you to the space station. It's in one of the garages just before you go onto the surface of Mars, i don't know about anyone else but i took a good pounding in the APC and thats faster and armored compared to walking.
Fri 17/05/02 at 10:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
One thing I'd like to see improved from the origanal game is the use of vehicles. It was great to have the ability to use these modes of transport, but a couple where very underused.

Take the mine digger (or whatever its called) taken straight out of total recall yet there was no need to use the drill bit at the front. It would have been allot better if you had to use it to dig a tunnel or something, we where never given the chance to do that in the first game.

I also never found the APC at all in the game which was strange. I hope that the vehicles are looked at more carefully by the development team this time around because it would be great if they where properly incorperated into the game.
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:40
Regular
yeh i checked that aswelll, the screen shots look really cool and this is a game i must get
Thu 16/05/02 at 15:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Žeynolds wrote:
> why copy

WHAT!?!?!?!? He copied me moron, look at the time I posted 2.55pm, he posted at 3.22pm. Get you're facts straight boy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.