GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Finally... I have Conkers Bad Fur Day"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 18:27
Regular
Yes, it's taken me long enough, but I've wiped the cobwebs off my N64 and have played Conkers Bad Fur Day. Anyway, all I want to know is when is the beach landing. I was told it was right at the beginning, and so far I've only given some bee back her beehive from some angry wasps, and have fired a catapault at some Liverpudlian dung beetles... oh yeh, then I gave some cheese to a smelly mouse and then he exploded.... mm

And I have to say this game is darn hard. I'm stuck yet again :/ You save some boxes from a smelly mouse and what do the boxes do? Nothing. They just say go in a barn, they don't open it or anything. I'm sooooo confused :/
Thu 16/05/02 at 23:37
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I'm not too sure about sunshine.... what's going on with that hose? Looks like another excuse to use more 3D sticks to me, but we'll see.

I'm still not happy that there was never an N64 sequel to Mario 64...
Thu 16/05/02 at 23:21
Regular
Technically Mario 64 is better yes...But end of they day i just enjoyed what I got out of Conker more. Enjoyment is how I rate my games, and Conker sits right at the top of list.

Considering Mario was made...bloody hell...its proper old now aint it? We got it March 97? So it must have been finished in mid 1996 sometime...Definitely way ahead of its time...

I dunno how much "Sunshine" has come on, but i'm certainly looking forward to it.
Thu 16/05/02 at 23:07
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Linear, linear, linear. They're all linear. I like a game with a sense of freedom.

They all give the impression of free movement, but when you get down to it it's only one task after another. In CBFD you get a little bit of choise in the early game, and after that it's all ordered. With Zelda you're forced into doing things in sequence by the need for new equipment to progress.

Mario 64 however, is different. Total freedom, no equipment to gain. The only hinderance is the need for stars - and even then there are many more to choose from than you'll ever need to open the next door. It's all about freedom.
Thu 16/05/02 at 22:50
Regular
Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Rakuga... welcome to my world...

www.conkula.com
Thu 16/05/02 at 22:16
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
VenomByte wrote:
> I still rate Mario 64 as the best. I played that game to death, I
> really did.
>
> OOT was a great game, but I never had the urge to complete it a second
> time. With mario 64 however, I just played it again. And again. And
> again....

I prefer CBFD to Mario already. It's got my sense of humour. I loved that Terminator 2 spoof, made me laugh so much. (It's not often a game makes me laugh). Not sure about the poo though.... although I like rolling a big ball of poo - that's fun.

And I have to say this games damn hard, but it's completely different from anything I have ever ever played.
Thu 16/05/02 at 20:59
conkers bfd is great...the sense of humour is priceless! im praying for a gamecube sequel!!
Thu 16/05/02 at 19:33
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I still rate Mario 64 as the best. I played that game to death, I really did.

OOT was a great game, but I never had the urge to complete it a second time. With mario 64 however, I just played it again. And again. And again....
Thu 16/05/02 at 18:36
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Well, I stopped playing on my N64. I just found online gaming, and couldn't be bothered anymore.

Conkers Bad Fur Day wasn't out then, but I was anticipating it.

Then for some reason when it came out I wasn't that bothered. I so neaaarlly got it for my first gameaday when it had just come out, but for some reason I picked Tribes 2 instead :/

Anyway, I saw it for twenty quid, and for a price like that you cannot really say no can you.. :)
Thu 16/05/02 at 17:49
Regular
I could say..."WHY HAVE YOU BLOODY WAITED THIS LONG TO GET THIS GAME!"

but then you could say.."WELL, I WASNT GONNA PAY BLOODY £60!"

hmmmmmmm...

Conker is my most enjoyable game to date. Nothin comes close to how happy that game made me feel.
Wed 15/05/02 at 19:08
Regular
That's it...

That's a very funny moment.

Aren't Rare great?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.