GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"About this forum"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/10/00 at 12:10
Regular
Do you think it would be handy if htere was a link to the last message in a particular topic? That way we wouldn't have to go through a couple of pages to read anything new added to a long topic.

Also will everybody please stop trying to copy Grix with the brain thing. When Grix did it is was original, and funny. When other people try to do it, it just looks stupid, and lacks the charm of the original.

One more thing, stop posting topics that consist of "I'm here, who else is?" If you've got something to say about the future of gaming, then say it. If it's worth replying to, then do so.

That's enough from me....
Wed 25/10/00 at 19:59
Regular
Thats a better idea. I don't see any problem with that, except perhaps having to read up if you haven't read it for a while...

Ali! Why not try doing this? If not, why not?
Wed 25/10/00 at 19:56
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Should the threads be the other way around? i.e. first message at the top, then everything else backwards. The latest message would always be directly under the original post. Older messages would fall off onto other pages. Would this be better? It would allow some ongoing long topics, but the layout would be backwards to the reader?
Wed 25/10/00 at 19:50
Regular
What was that?

(The noise?)

No. The topic.

(Did the topic make that noise?)

...No. I mean, what was the topic about?

(Me.)

Not you, that was where we sidetracked.

(Oh.)

Err. I brought the new edge magazine today, with the *fabulous* gold cover. Rather sickly though, is the last page, compared with the first.

The first is of that famous chalk line thing, you know, when they chalk out figures and men on big hills, so everyone can see.

Well it's that famous one, with the man with a club in one hand, and the rather average length willy hanging down. (Humm. Willy is a rather, err, immature name for it, isn't it?)

That's all I could type.

Now. Compare this to the back page, and you will see the same man, on the same hill, but with a big smile on his face, and instead of holding a club, he holds a copy of Edge magazine.

Sickly of all though, the lower limb has been, err, inverted. And now faces north.

I, can't really say, that games excite me, THAT much.

(No comment.)
Wed 25/10/00 at 19:37
Can we please get back to the subject at hand!!!
Wed 25/10/00 at 19:19
Regular
(I'm flattered.)
Wed 25/10/00 at 18:53
Regular
Yes Grix and his brain.
Wed 25/10/00 at 16:40
Brain thing?
Wed 25/10/00 at 12:23
Regular
We can't stop asking who's here, you should see what happens when you come in the evening there's always only 2 of them there.
Wed 25/10/00 at 12:10
Regular
"not dead"
Do you think it would be handy if htere was a link to the last message in a particular topic? That way we wouldn't have to go through a couple of pages to read anything new added to a long topic.

Also will everybody please stop trying to copy Grix with the brain thing. When Grix did it is was original, and funny. When other people try to do it, it just looks stupid, and lacks the charm of the original.

One more thing, stop posting topics that consist of "I'm here, who else is?" If you've got something to say about the future of gaming, then say it. If it's worth replying to, then do so.

That's enough from me....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.