GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Muuuuuuuuuh indeed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 01:52
Regular
Went to a certain "Toyz Are Them" Warehouse to purchase a lightsaber with which to menace the cat and impress the dog.
They only had a "Darth Tyranus" one. With a pic of a character.
Gee, thanks for giving that away on the bloody packaging before the film is launched.
Tossy merchandising freaks.
Aaaanyways, I went in to get a lightsaber.

Came out with a Gamecube + Rogue Thingy + Memory Card.

Dunno how that happened.
So, as a long-time Ninty loather, why'd I do it?
Rogue Whatsit.
I like Star Wars games. I had an N64 for "Shadows of The Empire", and the only decent bit was the Hoth level at the start. The rest of that game licked balls - really, it did.
The Gamecube. It's small and black. A bit like Gary Coleman except the Cube won't go "Whatchoo tawkin' 'bout?" in a comedy manner.

I saw the other games and none of them appeal at all. Super Monkey Ball just doesn't do it for me, cutesy ain't my bag baby.
But Rogue Ujiithing is top.
One complaint though - it's almost impossible to see the Tie-Fighters on the space levels when there's loads of asteroids/bits coming at you.
And it's hard, damned hard.
I'm up to the Hoth Level and only just managed to earn a Bronze medal for 3 points.
Woo.
So why is this game excellent?
You get clips from the original film in the background, and it's the bits from the film you remember - right down to the dialogue and hearing "Yee-ha, now let's blow this thing and go home" on the Death Star Trench Run.
ANY game that starts with that level has to rule.

So go on, mock me for giving in and joining the ranks of the retarded and simple. God knows I would.
However, I also have my Xbox which I thoroughly enjoy.
So I can say, with hand on heart, that the Xbox is just as good as The Cube.
That settles this argument once and for all.
I love Halo and UFC, and I love Rogue Whatsits.

I like my Xbox because we get Chase/Crash/POW/Metal Gear Something/Project Ego and others.
I like my Gamecube because I can play Rogue Majooby.
Not sure what other games I fancy on The Cube, I know Resident Evil is supposed to be good, as is ...er.... another couple I can't remember (Grix will now shout about Skies of Arcadia).
One thing, whilst playing Rogue Mahone, it crashed.
It just went black and nothing happened.
I had to restart.
Not impressed at all with that, I may take it back and swap it.

So, from a person that still hates the N64 and will attempt to smash Lylat Wars/Starfux Adventures with my fase if I see it, the Gamecube is reasonably priced for what it is.
As is the Xbox.
They are both ok for playing games on.
Wed 15/05/02 at 15:36
Regular
"Final Fantasy Man"
good post, especially the bit bout Gary! lol
Wed 15/05/02 at 15:32
Regular
I agree with Ant, it is tempting but there's simply not enough games to warrant me getting one at the moment.

Maybe in September when my student loan comes through. Hopefully by then Mario Kart will be out, and there may have been a price drop?
Wed 15/05/02 at 15:20
Regular
Skies of Arcadia rules.

Haven't said that in a few days now, the tension was building up. I bet if I leave it for a week I can write another topic on it.
Wed 15/05/02 at 15:16
Regular
"I like cheese"
Bah, now Goatboy's turned into a ponce.

Ah well, I will continue to fight off the temptation...not that there really is any any at the mo.

Bring it down to £99.99 and I'll think about it.
Wed 15/05/02 at 15:07
Regular
Heh, I went through the whole game constantly just pressing A.

Notice how the tone of his voice changes depending upon how scared he is.
Wed 15/05/02 at 15:01
Regular
It's not Japanese. :0)

You know how the Tellytubbies kinda talk? Bit like that, but less actual language. Any language.

He still says "Mario?" when you press A though. Which is amusing once, but hey.

It's the sort of game you can play if you've got an hour to spare before you go out. Not too stressful, nice play through thing. But don't spend more than a fiver on it.
Wed 15/05/02 at 15:00
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I have decided that I may as well get one, although not a lot of games out now appeal to me, there will be some that do. Mario kart must come out on it and Super monkey Ball looks like a good laugh with drunken mates.
I'll re-new my membership and order one so that it hopefully gets delivered in the next few weeks, after exams so I don't "forget" to study. :-)

I will not go Muuuuuuhh if it is pants, I refuse to. It better be good.
Wed 15/05/02 at 14:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I played Luigi's Thiny on the display one.
Some moofer yapping in Japanese with twinkly twinkly music in the background whilst the fat gay plumber just stood there grinning.

Couldn't even be bothered converting the language to English?
Shigsy Mawigsy ain't getting my money for that floater.
Wed 15/05/02 at 14:53
Regular
And that poster absolutely kicks cheek. Fantastic work, Darkus.
Wed 15/05/02 at 14:51
Regular
Mine crashed once on Hoth too. Probably a problem with the actual game, that's a really poor thing.

Whoever, don't take the games too seriously, and you'll enjoy them. And for Christ's sake don't buy Luigi's Mansion, but I know you won't. Even if you're tempted, rent it, which I know you won't. :0D

Res Evil, wouldn't mind playing Burnout, Medal of Honour, Rare have some tricks up their sleeves I expect...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.