GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Have.........................?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/05/02 at 21:36
Regular
Why have Extreme sports suddenly become so popular in the U.K.?

5 years ago if you aked someone if they liked skatebording they would say NO, if you asked someone the same question 2 yeaers ago then they would say KIND OF, and if you asked the same question today then they would probobly say yes.
Why have people suddenly started to like extreme sports over the last couple of years?
I think it's because of games like:

Matt Hofmans Pro BMX
Tony Hawks
Dave Mirra

But why has it taken so long for the U.K. to be taken over by extrme sports? They have been around in the U.S.A. for years now.
If you got to any large town in America you will probobly find a skate park there, where as in England you would have to travel to a city or a very large town, and even then you still wont find one. When you do find one in the U.K. it costs a bomb to get in, and as an added bonus you have to listen to slipknot or somthing crap like that. Personally i would rather bike to "AURA THE SOURCE OF TRANCE" or "MINISTER"

Why do we Have to Listen to "ROCK"?

Bands like:

Slipknot
Linken Park
Nickleback
Sum 41 have suddenly appeared from nowhere. Why would anybody want to bike to this load a rubbish..........what ever happened to human bands.........Slipknot do not class as humans.

My Theory:

My hteory is, for everything good that comes (extreme sports) something bad comes with it (rock)

Thanks for reading
Kram :-)
Wed 15/05/02 at 15:34
Couldn't agree more abouth the 'Extreme' Sports.
Extreme equals boring.
However the music although v.v. commercial is quite cool to play at obnoxious sound levels.
Wed 15/05/02 at 14:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's all to do with how 'cool' stunts are, and how all these types of games can now be created in full 3D due to the power of the next-generation consoles.

Think about it... before, with the 16-bit SNES and MegaDrive, you could only get 2D riders and backgrounds, in a 2D style game.
Now, in the 128-bit times, you can get fully 3D riders and courses, with the abillity to explore all areas to the max.!
Tue 14/05/02 at 21:40
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Exactly, we get stuck with people invading the paths and statues on skateboards with blue and pink hair and wacky clothes!

BMXing has always been popular with kids though.
Tue 14/05/02 at 21:36
Why have Extreme sports suddenly become so popular in the U.K.?

5 years ago if you aked someone if they liked skatebording they would say NO, if you asked someone the same question 2 yeaers ago then they would say KIND OF, and if you asked the same question today then they would probobly say yes.
Why have people suddenly started to like extreme sports over the last couple of years?
I think it's because of games like:

Matt Hofmans Pro BMX
Tony Hawks
Dave Mirra

But why has it taken so long for the U.K. to be taken over by extrme sports? They have been around in the U.S.A. for years now.
If you got to any large town in America you will probobly find a skate park there, where as in England you would have to travel to a city or a very large town, and even then you still wont find one. When you do find one in the U.K. it costs a bomb to get in, and as an added bonus you have to listen to slipknot or somthing crap like that. Personally i would rather bike to "AURA THE SOURCE OF TRANCE" or "MINISTER"

Why do we Have to Listen to "ROCK"?

Bands like:

Slipknot
Linken Park
Nickleback
Sum 41 have suddenly appeared from nowhere. Why would anybody want to bike to this load a rubbish..........what ever happened to human bands.........Slipknot do not class as humans.

My Theory:

My hteory is, for everything good that comes (extreme sports) something bad comes with it (rock)

Thanks for reading
Kram :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.