GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Injured Gerrard ruled out of World Cup finals"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/05/02 at 15:57
Regular
Liverpool say Steven Gerrard will require an operation on his groin and will miss the World Cup finals.

Scans have confirmed he needs surgery, which he will undergo later this week.

The club hope he will be fit to join his club mates when they report for pre-season training in the second week of July.

Gerrard told Liverpool's website: "The rehabilitation period for this sort of operation is six weeks, so obviously I'm going to miss the World Cup which is a massive disappointment.

"However, I need to get myself right as I wouldn't have been able to do myself or the team justice in Japan.

"In the short term it's a big blow, but I'm only 21 and confident this surgery means I'll be involved in other major tournaments in the future.

"I want to send all the England lads my best wishes for the tournament and let them know I'll be cheering them on from home.

"My priority now has to be to get myself fit for the start of next season with Liverpool."
Tue 14/05/02 at 17:19
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Butt will replace Gerrard and hopefully Heskey will be put on the left as he plays well there, also it will mean that Fowler can play up front with Owen.
Tue 14/05/02 at 17:16
Regular
"Whatever!"
Thats a real pain - We will seriously miss Gerrard! I would like to see Murphy given the nod - He always seems to rise to the occasion!
Tue 14/05/02 at 16:10
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Yes, sorry, thats what im asking for - for the clubs to be considerate. Liverpool were almost guareenteed a second place spot.
Tue 14/05/02 at 16:07
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
The clubs are the people that pay the players though. But the managers should take things like this into account, Liverpool didn't really need to play Gerrard and the same applies for Newcastle and Dyer even though I heard Dyer made them play him.
Tue 14/05/02 at 16:05
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's a huge blow for us as he's been one of the most consistent midfielders this season for both club and country.

But we still have the English Roy Keane (aka Nicky Butt), so things aren't all that bad. Now all we need is another back-up defensive midfielder to cover for Butt!

I don't think Murphy's the right player, nor is Trevor Sinclair.

Hopefully this'll also be the very end of England's current World Cup nightmare!
Tue 14/05/02 at 16:00
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Gutting.....Heart Wrenching.....B*******ks

Im so bloody angry at the clubs now.... I think country should come before club. Stop the England players playing before major finals!!!!
Tue 14/05/02 at 15:57
Regular
"simpsons rule"
Liverpool say Steven Gerrard will require an operation on his groin and will miss the World Cup finals.

Scans have confirmed he needs surgery, which he will undergo later this week.

The club hope he will be fit to join his club mates when they report for pre-season training in the second week of July.

Gerrard told Liverpool's website: "The rehabilitation period for this sort of operation is six weeks, so obviously I'm going to miss the World Cup which is a massive disappointment.

"However, I need to get myself right as I wouldn't have been able to do myself or the team justice in Japan.

"In the short term it's a big blow, but I'm only 21 and confident this surgery means I'll be involved in other major tournaments in the future.

"I want to send all the England lads my best wishes for the tournament and let them know I'll be cheering them on from home.

"My priority now has to be to get myself fit for the start of next season with Liverpool."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.