GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"David Beckham salutes Ljungberg and Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/05/02 at 10:39
Regular
From the WookieeMonster.com news service...

-----

At a press conference held yesterday prior to the England squad's departure for Dubai, Manchester United midfielder David Beckham spoke of his admiration for Arsenal, citing Freddie Ljungberg as the player he most respects in the Premiership.

"Freddie is just an outstanding footballer," said Beckham. "The runs he makes, the ball control he has, and the speed he runs at with the ball at his feet - he's just awesome." He continued, "As you know, I can only really cross the ball and hit dead-ball free kicks, which takes almost no skill at all. And of course, he is just as good on the right or left, whereas I'm useledd if you move me away from the right side."

Looking very humble, Beckham added, "Freddie's everything I wish I was as a player."

When asked what sparked his admiration for the Swedish international, Beckham responded, "I think it has to be the hair. That's what first got my attention."

We asked if he meant the style, or the now-famous red stripe that Ljungberg sports all season long.

"Definitely the stripe. As you know I've always tried to be a fashion leader, and when I saw his hair I just thought 'Why didn't I think of that?'"

"It's just awesome," he said. "As you can see, I've tried to copy him, but it's not going very well. He's got great hair, and I've only got this poncy little Mohawk style thing that looks like a bad wig."

All of the members of the press squirmed and mumbled at this point, not wanting to let on that they'd though his hair was crap for months. Quickly moving on, we asked about the colour.

"Well, I thought I'd pay tribute to Freddie with the basic style, and tribute to the whole Arsenal team with the colour."

He went on to explain, "It's the colour of the Arsenal away kit. I thought it would be appropriate, as Arsenal have been in such devastating form away from home this season, including stuffing us one-nil at our own ground."

"It's the least I could do in honour of such a great player and his team," he added.

Somewhat cheekily, we asked if Posh or Sir Alex had protested about his tribute. "No, not at all," David replied. "Posh actually quite fancies Freddie, so she's happy with it, and it really gets her going in bed, pretending I'm Freddie. And the boss looks at everything through a red mist, so I don't really think he's noticed yet."

With this final comment, the press gathering erupted into laughter, and with the conference at an end, we were all ushered slowly out of the room.
Wed 15/05/02 at 14:19
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Thierrylator?? Beckslater??? Technology these days, eh!
Wed 15/05/02 at 09:43
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Ahh, telling it like it really is!.....
Tue 14/05/02 at 23:41
Regular
Did anyone find Ray Parlour amusing after the FA cup final? (when he was being interviewed...)

Or was it just me...
Tue 14/05/02 at 16:10
"High polygon count"
Solskjær wrote:
> I'd check your sources Wookie, that doesn't sound like the Leytonstone
> boy to me!

Indeed it doesn't, but we had our technicians run it through our patented Beckslator™ (the Beckham Translator) to ensure that it actually made sense.

Those same technicians are currently working on the Thierrylator™, which records interviews with Thierry Henry and plays them back ten times slower, so that you can actually understand his responses.
Tue 14/05/02 at 16:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'd check your sources Wookie, that doesn't sound like the Leytonstone boy to me!

Surely he'd have said something along the lines of:
"'E's dun good this year, an oi like 'is 'air. Bu' it's nuffin' comprared to my one, just look a' it!!"

And no doubt there'd also be Posh alongside him, prompting him with what to say using A4 cue cards with big red lettering on them.
Tue 14/05/02 at 16:00
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
I liked the brilliant joke on 2DTV when the Engaland squad are squashed by a chandeleir and Phil Neville comes along saying "Don't worry boss, the great Phil Neville is here".

Your right about the poncy hair bit though.
Tue 14/05/02 at 12:59
Regular
Yeah, I read about that, just after I finished reading an article about how Phil Neville should have been World Player of the Year
Tue 14/05/02 at 10:39
"High polygon count"
From the WookieeMonster.com news service...

-----

At a press conference held yesterday prior to the England squad's departure for Dubai, Manchester United midfielder David Beckham spoke of his admiration for Arsenal, citing Freddie Ljungberg as the player he most respects in the Premiership.

"Freddie is just an outstanding footballer," said Beckham. "The runs he makes, the ball control he has, and the speed he runs at with the ball at his feet - he's just awesome." He continued, "As you know, I can only really cross the ball and hit dead-ball free kicks, which takes almost no skill at all. And of course, he is just as good on the right or left, whereas I'm useledd if you move me away from the right side."

Looking very humble, Beckham added, "Freddie's everything I wish I was as a player."

When asked what sparked his admiration for the Swedish international, Beckham responded, "I think it has to be the hair. That's what first got my attention."

We asked if he meant the style, or the now-famous red stripe that Ljungberg sports all season long.

"Definitely the stripe. As you know I've always tried to be a fashion leader, and when I saw his hair I just thought 'Why didn't I think of that?'"

"It's just awesome," he said. "As you can see, I've tried to copy him, but it's not going very well. He's got great hair, and I've only got this poncy little Mohawk style thing that looks like a bad wig."

All of the members of the press squirmed and mumbled at this point, not wanting to let on that they'd though his hair was crap for months. Quickly moving on, we asked about the colour.

"Well, I thought I'd pay tribute to Freddie with the basic style, and tribute to the whole Arsenal team with the colour."

He went on to explain, "It's the colour of the Arsenal away kit. I thought it would be appropriate, as Arsenal have been in such devastating form away from home this season, including stuffing us one-nil at our own ground."

"It's the least I could do in honour of such a great player and his team," he added.

Somewhat cheekily, we asked if Posh or Sir Alex had protested about his tribute. "No, not at all," David replied. "Posh actually quite fancies Freddie, so she's happy with it, and it really gets her going in bed, pretending I'm Freddie. And the boss looks at everything through a red mist, so I don't really think he's noticed yet."

With this final comment, the press gathering erupted into laughter, and with the conference at an end, we were all ushered slowly out of the room.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.