GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"C ++ compiler"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/05/02 at 02:25
Regular
Okay, i was looking at dabbling in c++, did some research, found i needed a compiler program, found a free one, downloaded it. (From Borland)

Now, the help file hasn't been any real help on this, so i thought i'd see if you guys know before i waste any more time trawling through vaguely related topics or scavenging web sites for any clues.

There seems to be no one user interface file. I have lots of folders that seem like they do stuff i'd understand after learning to use the thing, but no foot in the door, and more concerningly, no file i can click on that'll open up one nice window to connect to all the other parts.
Is this right, or has something gone horribly wrong?

Also, any ideas on where a blatant novice can go to learn to use the thing?

Thanks,
DD
Tue 14/05/02 at 02:25
Regular
Okay, i was looking at dabbling in c++, did some research, found i needed a compiler program, found a free one, downloaded it. (From Borland)

Now, the help file hasn't been any real help on this, so i thought i'd see if you guys know before i waste any more time trawling through vaguely related topics or scavenging web sites for any clues.

There seems to be no one user interface file. I have lots of folders that seem like they do stuff i'd understand after learning to use the thing, but no foot in the door, and more concerningly, no file i can click on that'll open up one nice window to connect to all the other parts.
Is this right, or has something gone horribly wrong?

Also, any ideas on where a blatant novice can go to learn to use the thing?

Thanks,
DD
Tue 14/05/02 at 11:56
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I did C at uni and would advise you to start with C, it is much closer to machine code and makes you feel like you are actually programming and makes it easier to see what you are doing and how much control you have over the computer. C++ is what a lot of games are writen in or parts are writen in. I'm not sure if you will find a lot of help on the web so maybe a book would be better although they could cost around £35 so you would need to be interested.

As for the compiler, it is unlikely that the files will have a nice user interface etc to instal them with, more that likely you will have to do it through DOS, the help file should tell you what to do.
Wed 15/05/02 at 21:58
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
for C++ Stuff check my little brothers website
Thu 16/05/02 at 20:34
Search KaZzA for Visual C++ 6.0.

This should come in handy... I mean, since when has KaZaA not?

You might also have a bash at programming eBooks, also supplied by KaZaA.

Just input eBook, programming, or C/C++ into the search bar.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.