GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virtual Boy"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 21:10
Regular
Has anyone ever used one of these, when i get round to it I'm going to get one for my collection but was wondering if anyone had one or had played one?

Thanks, The BIGMAN
Wed 15/05/02 at 15:56
£600 for a DD hey?

I think ill leave that one for a while and get a ROB for my NES :)
Wed 15/05/02 at 00:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
er-no wrote:
> BLD wrote:
>
> And while im thinking about stupid purchases, anyone know where i
> can
> get a 64DD?
>
> Mine is still boxed. I ain't selling it though.. its too rare.

Yeah but you will sell it eventually right?
Wed 15/05/02 at 00:20
Regular
"everyone says it"
BLD wrote:

> And while im thinking about stupid purchases, anyone know where i can
> get a 64DD?

Mine is still boxed. I ain't selling it though.. its too rare.

Try ebay or if you know anybody in Japan.... set you back about 600 though. :D
Wed 15/05/02 at 00:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
BLD wrote:
> Yeah it probably was a lot to spend now i think about it.
> Hmmmmmm.
> But as i aaid money well spent.
>
> Plus this was a year ago so i couldnt have got a GC bundle!!!! And id
> rather have got it from a reputable company rather than off ebay from
> someone i didnt know, most probably abroad, which would add to the
> hassle, who could lie about condtion of goods and who could so easily
> rip me off.

As long as you buy from a reputable seller who lives in the UK (you are told where the person stays) you will be ok. Many a bargain can be found on Ebay, and i recon you could get the same package you bought for at least £100 cheaper.
Tue 14/05/02 at 23:09
Yeah it probably was a lot to spend now i think about it.
Hmmmmmm.
But as i aaid money well spent.

Plus this was a year ago so i couldnt have got a GC bundle!!!! And id rather have got it from a reputable company rather than off ebay from someone i didnt know, most probably abroad, which would add to the hassle, who could lie about condtion of goods and who could so easily rip me off.

But whatever, its a unique chance to own a piece of Nintendo History!!

And while im thinking about stupid purchases, anyone know where i can get a 64DD?
Tue 14/05/02 at 21:32
Regular
"accidental superher"
just been looking around on ebay...and there is one going for 50 quid with mario tennis included...the seller has quite a high rating too1
Tue 14/05/02 at 21:29
Regular
"accidental superher"
woah..250 quid is a hell of a lot to spend on it!!
i would rather use that money to say get a ps2 or a gc bundle with that amount of money
Tue 14/05/02 at 20:21
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
POP, still considering getting one
Tue 14/05/02 at 13:45
I got myself one last christmas.
And it was worth every penny!!!

For £250 (is that alot? i dunno)i got the virtual boy, (new in the box, cellophane and everything) which comes wiv Mario tennis, plus 6 others which where Panic Bomber, TeleroBoxing, Vertical Force, Baseball, Red Alarm, Tetris V.

I also got the mains adapter for it, (otherwise its 6 batteries that probably only last 5 mins) and of course the step down main converter so it would work!!!.

i also wanted wario land, but it cost £100, so i thought better of it!!

i havent noticed any problems really, u do get a bit of back ache after continuous play. But ive never got a head ache.

The 3D effect is bitchin, for want of a better word, especially in tennis, when the ball comes right 4 ur face.

My advice, get one!!!
Itll be a real talking point, as well as a source of entertainment!!!

and im done now.
Tue 14/05/02 at 09:47
Regular
"everyone says it"
Worth having. I was going to pick one up a couple of years back, then realized I shouldn't because its just silly.

*er-no looks around at his two NES's, three SNES's, 2 N64's, collection of all GameBoys, collection of Game&Watch, collection of rare Nintendo watches, boxed 64DD, thousands of games and much more*

Damn. I should have brought it. I feel lost now. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.