GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"likely sighing's for manchester united"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 18:45
Regular
Nicolas Anelka Forward Paris St Germain 15 million

Christos Patsatzoglou Defender Olympiakos 3.5 million

Lilian Thuram Defender Juventus 24 million

Patrick Kluivert Forward Barcelona 18 million

David James Goalkeeper West Ham 5 million

Javier Zanetti Defender Inter Milan 10 million

Allessandro Nesta Defender Lazio 25 million

Hernan Crespo Forward Lazio 15 million

Total spend 115.5 million
Wed 15/05/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Great Scott's"
The GingerLord wrote:
> James Pond wrote:
>
> Kluivert will be moving to Utd as he probably will move to Liverpool
> before Utd as he pefers Liverpool.
>
> Zanetti will be moving from Inter because I am Hector Cuper and he
> ain't moving.
>
> Sorry, is it just me, or does this not make sense. Please correct me
> if they do!

You could say that, but i was falling to sleep in the school computer room when i wrote it. Sorry

It should be they are NOT moving to UTD
Wed 15/05/02 at 16:40
Regular
"Great Scott's"
The GingerLord wrote:
> James Pond wrote:
>
> Kluivert will be moving to Utd as he probably will move to Liverpool
>
> ain't moving.
>
> Sorry, is it just me, or does this not make sense. Please correct me
> if they do!

You could say that, but i was falling to sleep in the school computer room when i wrote it. Sorry
Wed 15/05/02 at 14:11
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Yeah I agree. The board will never finance all that spending. Plus, Lazio still haven't paid us for Stam. That's why I think Nesta will be part of the whole Veron swap deal. If he has a good world cup, we might even make some money on the deal. If Zidane is £50m I don't see why Veron can't be £30+.

Kluivert - an interesting one, I've always been a fan, and the chance to cement a partnership with van the man would probably appeal to him. Can't see Barca wanting to sell him though.

Still don't think scoring goals is the problem. Pick up Hofland and Nesta and we'll see a much improved side next year. Especially if the midfield can get some consistency again, (see ya Seba!).
Wed 15/05/02 at 14:10
Regular
Apparently Gallas is up for grabs but Wenger seems fav to get him.

Thats what two papers are saying today anyway...
Wed 15/05/02 at 14:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Nesta, Thuram and Kluivert - all we need from that list!
Then again, replace Thuram with Hofland and it'll last a good few years longer.

We definitley need one centre back if not 2!
And the no.9 shirt's still available, while van Nistelrooy is still without a partner!

But it could cost upto around:

Kluivert - £25m
Nesta - £30m
Hofland - £15m

Totaling: £70m

I have doubts as to wether the board will allow so much to be spent after last summer and the lack of success and income this season!

We've only earnt around £17m from Stam, and that was surely used to help balance the books after Veron's £28.1m arrival.
And most of Andy Cole's sale was splashed out on Forlan.
Wed 15/05/02 at 13:41
Regular
"I love Dave music"
James Pond wrote:

Kluivert will be moving to Utd as he probably will move to Liverpool
>
> ain't moving.

Sorry, is it just me, or does this not make sense. Please correct me if they do!
Wed 15/05/02 at 12:08
Regular
"Great Scott's"
®eynolds wrote:

Man Utd will struggle to buy all these players. Alex Ferguson has already said he will have to sell before he buys and he aint goin' get 115.5 million from selling Phil Neville, Fortune, Yorke and any other misfit.

Crespo and Nesta will not be moving to Utd as Roberto Mancini is the new boss of Lazio and wants to keep the best players and sell the misfits.

Kluivert will be moving to Utd as he probably will move to Liverpool before Utd as he pefers Liverpool.

Zanetti will be moving from Inter because I am Hector Cuper and he ain't moving.

So Utd will only be able to buy the 2nd hand buys!
Wed 15/05/02 at 12:08
Regular
"Great Scott's"
®eynolds wrote:

Man Utd will struggle to buy all these players. Alex Ferguson has already said he will have to sell before he buys and he aint goin' get 115.5 million from selling Phil Neville, Fortune, Yorke and any other misfit.

Crespo and Nesta will not be moving to Utd as Roberto Mancini is the new boss of Lazio and wants to keep the best players and sell the misfits.

Kluivert will be moving to Utd as he probably will move to Liverpool before Utd as he pefers Liverpool.

Zanetti will be moving from Inter because I am hector Cuper and he ain't moving.

So Utd will only be able to buy the 2nd hand buys!
Wed 15/05/02 at 11:07
Regular
"I love Dave music"
I reckon the summer will go something like this:

Veron has a stunning world cup and Lazio will want him back.
United and Lazio swap Veron and Nesta, (united may get a bit of cash as well)

United then go out and buy Kevin Hofland.

Di Canio joins for a minimal fee, he will be useful as the fourth striker, probably will be used more as a super-sub, (will he accept this?)

Damien Duff will then be signed to give Giggs the kick up the backside that he needs. At the moment, he knows that if he is fit, he will play. Only Keane is in that position, and he never needs motivating. Duff will be good cover for Giggs for when he is injured, and also increases competition. When we play in Europe they can keep the balance in the midfield whilst also playing Giggs more forward.

Some left back less prone to giving Wiltord the ball in our own half with the rest of the team in Arsenal's penalty box will be bought.

Barthez will go to Arsenal, along with the rest of the France squad. Possible replacements: Hedman and Poom.

There you go. A busy summer lies ahead of Ferguson if you ask me!
Wed 15/05/02 at 00:24
Regular
Dutch players have been good yes, but it would be interesting to see Thuram and Blanc lining up at the heart of our defence.

Its not as if French players have dissapointed in the Premiership either. Key players for Arsenals success were Pires and Henry, but of course they did take a while to settle in at Arsenal...

hmmmm...i just proved your point...*slaps himself*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.