GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Person Shooters and Broadband"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 18:40
Regular
I think game developers should try to put in something to add to the replay value of first person shooters. For example I completed Halo on easy then did most of it on normal, but then I just got tired of doing it. I think they should add something like bonuses like on Goldeneye where you had a time to beat, or on Tony Hawks 3 where you can get cheats, additional charachters and fun things like big heads, paintball mode etc. They could add things like strange videos like on Tony Hawks you can see the production team playing musical chairs and having kickflip competitions! What about extra levels? I think the developers of Halo 2 should seriously consider this, it would make an already great game into something truly amazing.

Also, how much do you think the Xbox will use it's broadband capabilities? I've heard about things like being able to download extra things for games such as characters or levels and games using broadband to play against each other. But i'm a bit woried that i'll be missing out a lot as i am only 15 and cannot afford it because there are no connections near me. I would love to hear your views on these subjects. Thanks.
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:40
Regular
I think game developers should try to put in something to add to the replay value of first person shooters. For example I completed Halo on easy then did most of it on normal, but then I just got tired of doing it. I think they should add something like bonuses like on Goldeneye where you had a time to beat, or on Tony Hawks 3 where you can get cheats, additional charachters and fun things like big heads, paintball mode etc. They could add things like strange videos like on Tony Hawks you can see the production team playing musical chairs and having kickflip competitions! What about extra levels? I think the developers of Halo 2 should seriously consider this, it would make an already great game into something truly amazing.

Also, how much do you think the Xbox will use it's broadband capabilities? I've heard about things like being able to download extra things for games such as characters or levels and games using broadband to play against each other. But i'm a bit woried that i'll be missing out a lot as i am only 15 and cannot afford it because there are no connections near me. I would love to hear your views on these subjects. Thanks.
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:32
Regular
I agree with what you are saying about broadband internte, it is very expensive and it does not run up every road and it does not run up mone and if it did I would no be able to afford it especially without an income coming in, I can't wait to see the price drop if it ever does!
Tue 14/05/02 at 00:32
I am one of the lucky ones and have cable broadband its amazing but I am waiting for the online games to come most because no installing or setting up cant wait
Tue 14/05/02 at 12:37
Regular
Silent85 wrote:
> I am one of the lucky ones and have cable broadband its amazing but I
> am waiting for the online games to come most because no installing or
> setting up cant wait

I live in mid-Wales, so broadband won't be here for a good while yet which really does my head in. The best I can expect is 56K speeds (unless I'm at work but don't exactly play games there a lot), but I have found a multiplayer game that plays well at this speed. It's got pretty good graphics, the gameplay is intense and there's loads of variety - Tribes 2. Anyone with a 56K modem needs this game as either the servers are incredibly fast or the programming on the game is seriously elite, but the pings are around 130-170 (high for broadband I know, but still less than the 500+ pings on MOHAA and Castle Wolfenstein), and it plays really smooth.
Tue 14/05/02 at 12:39
its ment to be quite good single player aswell anyone want any tips on X-box ps2 or Half Life Day Of Defeat just ask me

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.