GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reds iron out Steele deal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 18:28
Regular
Manchester United have confirmed the £500,000 signing of Peterborough goalkeeper Luke Steele.

The seventeen-year-old has recently been on trial at United and has been snapped up by the Reds. Posh have received £500,000 up front for Steele, with another £2 million dependent on appearances and international call-ups, representing the London Road club's biggest sale.

"Luke's the best young English goalkeeper of his age I've ever seen," praised his former manager Barry Fry.

"He's got a huge amount of potential and the lad's actually a Manchester United fan, so it's a dream come true for him."

Steele played twice for Peterborough, in a 2-2 draw with Reading and a 2-1 win against Bury. He's definitely one for the future, says Fergie.

"He's only a 17-year-old boy and he's going to take time, but we will give him time and he's come to the right club," said the Boss.

And the player himself is still in dreamland after completing his move north.

"I don’t think it has sunk in that I am a Manchester United player, but I am sure it will hit me soon," he admitted.

"It was a very special moment when I signed the contract and it was a feeling I will never forget. I have dreamt about this all of my life and I can’t wait to put on the United shirt.

"I had a meeting with Sir Alex and he just talked about the club and his hopes for the future. It was just general chit-chat and he put me at ease, he is a fantastic man and I am looking forward to working with him. My parents were with me and we watched United play Charlton Athletic from a VIP box.

"I sat with the players who were not involved in the game and David Beckham was sitting just in front of me. He had just signed a new contract and he was getting a lot of press attention. It was amazing that I signed a contract for the club the same day that such a great player like he did."
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:48
Regular
"simpsons rule"
Quinty wrote:
> stop copying and pasting stuff off of teamtalk.com to get your word
> count up.

i aint copying and pasting of teamtalk.com and i dont need my word count up
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:40
Regular
Good signing for the future, but we need more high profile signings - hopefully in the shape of Thuram for starters.
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:39
Regular
stop copying and pasting stuff off of teamtalk.com to get your word count up.
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:35
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
He could be a good signing for Man U, even though they still have loads of young goalkeepers.

Does anyone else think that Chris Kirkland is one of the best goalies around and will be England's number 1 for years.
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:28
Regular
"simpsons rule"
Manchester United have confirmed the £500,000 signing of Peterborough goalkeeper Luke Steele.

The seventeen-year-old has recently been on trial at United and has been snapped up by the Reds. Posh have received £500,000 up front for Steele, with another £2 million dependent on appearances and international call-ups, representing the London Road club's biggest sale.

"Luke's the best young English goalkeeper of his age I've ever seen," praised his former manager Barry Fry.

"He's got a huge amount of potential and the lad's actually a Manchester United fan, so it's a dream come true for him."

Steele played twice for Peterborough, in a 2-2 draw with Reading and a 2-1 win against Bury. He's definitely one for the future, says Fergie.

"He's only a 17-year-old boy and he's going to take time, but we will give him time and he's come to the right club," said the Boss.

And the player himself is still in dreamland after completing his move north.

"I don’t think it has sunk in that I am a Manchester United player, but I am sure it will hit me soon," he admitted.

"It was a very special moment when I signed the contract and it was a feeling I will never forget. I have dreamt about this all of my life and I can’t wait to put on the United shirt.

"I had a meeting with Sir Alex and he just talked about the club and his hopes for the future. It was just general chit-chat and he put me at ease, he is a fantastic man and I am looking forward to working with him. My parents were with me and we watched United play Charlton Athletic from a VIP box.

"I sat with the players who were not involved in the game and David Beckham was sitting just in front of me. He had just signed a new contract and he was getting a lot of press attention. It was amazing that I signed a contract for the club the same day that such a great player like he did."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.