GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"P.S.1 - facing extinction?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 18:21
Regular
Am I the only one left who owns a P.S.1?
Everyone is talking about as if its the Dogs Bo####ks, I've played on my mates and ok I've only played three games but WWF Smackdown sucked and GT3 was like playing with my grannies mini only slower. However I must praise ISS Pro Evolution. Realistic and addictive.

P.S.1 FOREVER
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:21
Am I the only one left who owns a P.S.1?
Everyone is talking about as if its the Dogs Bo####ks, I've played on my mates and ok I've only played three games but WWF Smackdown sucked and GT3 was like playing with my grannies mini only slower. However I must praise ISS Pro Evolution. Realistic and addictive.

P.S.1 FOREVER
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:27
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
I own a PS1 and PS2, and PS1 games were brilliant in their heyday.
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:48
Regular
Its called the passing of time. Get with them and update to PS2, but by all means keep playing PS1
Tue 14/05/02 at 08:54
John Arne Riise wrote:
> I own a PS1 and PS2, and PS1 games were brilliant in their heyday.

Me too.
Tue 14/05/02 at 08:58
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Still got my PS1 but it is now relegated to the cupboard due to a PS2 taking it's place. Unfortunately this is the way it's going to go, many developers will cease production of PS1 games and concentrate solely on the PS2.

Yes the games for the PS1 were great at the time but I think you have to face upto reality and update your system, you do realise that the PS2 can play all PSx (99.9% of them anyway)?

There's another reason to upgrade so you get two game consoles in one ;D
Tue 14/05/02 at 09:20
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
My PS1 had not been turned on since the day the PS2 arrived - after all, what's the point, all my PS1 games work on the PS2.

I have now recycled it - One of my Brother-in-Laws who has not fallen onto the gaming bandwagon has it on a permanent borrow together with a selection of my PS1 games. It's great cos now he plays them as well I can go round his and we have an excuse to play a few games while the women do their usual chatting.
Tue 14/05/02 at 10:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm looking to sell my PSone, mearly because I can play all my PSone games on my new PS2. I don't think however that PSone gaming is dead, there is already a couple of gams I want for the system, so I don't think the console itself is dead. There's few more years in it yet.
Tue 14/05/02 at 10:54
Regular
"accidental superher"
I actually got a new PS one recently even though i already have a PAL PS2...why you ask? cos it's NTSC (US version) so i can play many of the great rpgs that were never released in europe such as xenogears, chrono cross, final fantasy tactics, valkyrie profile, parasite eve 1 :)
Tue 14/05/02 at 10:55
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
cipro wrote:
> there is already a couple of gams I want for the system, so I don't
> think the console itself is dead. There's few more years in it yet.

I wouldn't even be able to tell you what games would be coming out for the PSx probably because I'm now just buying games purely for the PS2.
Tue 14/05/02 at 11:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Jive wrote:
> I wouldn't even be able to tell you what games would be coming out for
> the PSx probably because I'm now just buying games purely for the PS2.

Well there's one game in particular that I've put on top of my most wanted list from the PSone. The game is Metal Slug X, and it’s a game I've been trying to get a hold of for bloody ages. Its finally coming to the PSone, and I can't wait.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.