GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"P.S.1 - facing extinction?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 18:21
Regular
Am I the only one left who owns a P.S.1?
Everyone is talking about as if its the Dogs Bo####ks, I've played on my mates and ok I've only played three games but WWF Smackdown sucked and GT3 was like playing with my grannies mini only slower. However I must praise ISS Pro Evolution. Realistic and addictive.

P.S.1 FOREVER
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:06
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think everyone has a PSone by now. I remember they sold thousands a few years ago, and I ended up going without one for some time sinse they were all sold out.
Thu 16/05/02 at 13:15
Regular
"  "
I wonder if the recent price drop to £49.99 for the psone will help the sales....as much as i hate to say it i think not..and wat r u on about gt3 is slower than your Grans mini....try playing Driver straight after playing GT3...then u will see sloooooow.
Wed 15/05/02 at 16:09
Regular
"cant think of one.."
I agree that a total halt in production of PSone and PS1 games is inevitable. In its time the PS1 was brilliant and no other console could touch it. It sent the Dreamcast packing with its tail between its legs and outlasted the N64 by about 2 years!!!

But who cares!? By this summer you'll be able to get a PS2 for not much over £150 and there are more and more great PS2 games falling in price. (platinum range. etc...)
Wed 15/05/02 at 15:13
Some interesting responses chaps. Sorry my rant was a bit erratic as I never actually told anyone what I was whingeing about. I have a P.C. as well as my PS1, however I only use it as a big games console therefore don't feel I need PS2. (also my other half would kick my ar$e if I was to spend £200 on another console)
Tue 14/05/02 at 14:08
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I know, i miss those games, they didn't depend on a strong storyline or have to have a massive variaty of gameplay options and puzzles, they where just fun to play. Those where the days.
Tue 14/05/02 at 12:45
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Hehe, yeah I remember those kind of games.....god they were out years ago, forgotten all about them.....cool! ;D
Tue 14/05/02 at 11:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Jive wrote:
> Well to be truthfull, I've never heard of it! What's it about because
> I really can't be bothered to search through SR's site at the moment.

Its an old school style shoot em up, where you walk along the screen blowing stuff up. Sound repetative doesn't it, but its a well made game that kept me going back time and time again. You can also get in vehicles in this game such as a tank, a harrier, a robot and a camel fitted with mounted machine guns.

I first played the game years ago at the arcades and have been trying to get a hold of a copy of the game sinse. It reminds me of the good old days of the megadrive, and I'm glad to hear its finally coming to PSone. Anyway you can check out the site here:

http://www.metalslugx.co.uk/
Tue 14/05/02 at 11:04
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
cipro wrote:
>The game is Metal Slug X

Well to be truthfull, I've never heard of it! What's it about because I really can't be bothered to search through SR's site at the moment.
Tue 14/05/02 at 11:04
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
I still have PS1. Still my dad's favourite anyway.
Tue 14/05/02 at 11:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Jive wrote:
> I wouldn't even be able to tell you what games would be coming out for
> the PSx probably because I'm now just buying games purely for the PS2.

Well there's one game in particular that I've put on top of my most wanted list from the PSone. The game is Metal Slug X, and it’s a game I've been trying to get a hold of for bloody ages. Its finally coming to the PSone, and I can't wait.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.