GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Logic 3, Interact and Joytech Sued!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 16:53
Regular
Taken From An Official Press Release

Today, Edwin Crapper (Ancestor of Thomas Crapper - Inventor of the Toilet) has claimed he is going to sue Joytech, Interact and Logic 3 for copying the exact design of his ancestors technology.

Mr Crapper claimed "The design is property of my family! Logic 3, Joytech and Interact have copied the design completely and therefore they should pay the price of getting all the products destroyed and being sued for copyright laws"

Joytech simply replied "I think I speak for us all when I say this; Interact, Logic 3 and us, the LCD screen for the GameCube is not the same design as the toilet, which your ancestor created. It has a different purpose altogether and only slightly resembles the shape of the toilet. I'm sure if you knew what it is for you'd see my point. You see, it is simply an LCD Screen to make Nintendo's new games console portable, we didn't re-design the toilet and sell it as our own invention, it just happens that the shape it is the only that could fit our design."

Interact and Logic 3 also explained that "If the product is for the same then it is a good idea to sue, but for being the same shape is obscene."

Crapper still didn't drop the case though, he said "It's not about the simply use of the product, it's the ethics, using the same shape as a brilliant invention for something less useful but will be used for the same reason as the toilet by many people."

Interact got very annoyed and claimed that "All of our customers so far have been happy with the products being made. Some were quite surprised at what they resembled but it didn't effect their playing pleasure. I'm sure Logic 3 and Joytech can say the same. We are all respectable Third Party console developers and have nothing that breaks the law. We do are best to bring the best to our customers, if that means giving a perfectly capable product a shape that resembles a toilet then so be it."

Logic 3 said that "Whatever you might say about our products doesn't matter. Our customers know there's nothing wrong."

Mr Crapper still couldn't take it and claimed "Perfectly happy with your products? So you say! You're just trying to make excuses because you copied my family's idea and can't think of anything yourself!"

Eventually a fight broke out and Logic 3 claimed "If you say anything else I'll make you fit into one of our 'Products and shove a controller up your ar...!"

Taken from www.uselesscrap.com

Thanks for reading

RiCkOsS
Wed 15/05/02 at 20:36
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Solskjær wrote:
> Heh, nice one!
> Despite it's small size and the fact that it's Indigo/Black and not
> White, he still got it wrong!
>
> I bet he also thought the PS2 was some kinda Tower, and as for the
> X-box.... who knows!???

======

X BOX = giant bum warmer :D
Tue 14/05/02 at 19:35
Regular
Yu can't call a hole a toilet, toilets have become a bit cleaner than that. ;-)
Tue 14/05/02 at 19:23
"Mimmargh!"
½pint wrote:
> Heh heh, nice one. Although the Thomas Crapper bit is debatable,
> there are tons of rumours and the like about who actually invented the
> toilet.

Well the history of the toilet is a long one. Though Crapper invented the first 'modern' one there have been other designs for many centuries...such as medieval cesspits and in the Stone Age ''they just took a crap in the corner'' according to experts...
Tue 14/05/02 at 12:05
Regular
Cheers for the comments guys.
Mon 13/05/02 at 23:37
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Nice one , Ive heard the crapper one as well It might be true u know!!!!
Great story though.
Mon 13/05/02 at 21:27
Regular
"¬_¬"
Heh heh, nice one. Although the Thomas Crapper bit is debatable, there are tons of rumours and the like about who actually invented the toilet.
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:37
Regular
By the way, Thomas Crapper is the actual inventer of the toilet, hence to have a crap. :-)
Mon 13/05/02 at 17:58
Regular
Well, I get very bored :-)
Mon 13/05/02 at 17:54
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Heh, nice one!
Despite it's small size and the fact that it's Indigo/Black and not White, he still got it wrong!

I bet he also thought the PS2 was some kinda Tower, and as for the X-box.... who knows!???
Mon 13/05/02 at 16:53
Regular
Taken From An Official Press Release

Today, Edwin Crapper (Ancestor of Thomas Crapper - Inventor of the Toilet) has claimed he is going to sue Joytech, Interact and Logic 3 for copying the exact design of his ancestors technology.

Mr Crapper claimed "The design is property of my family! Logic 3, Joytech and Interact have copied the design completely and therefore they should pay the price of getting all the products destroyed and being sued for copyright laws"

Joytech simply replied "I think I speak for us all when I say this; Interact, Logic 3 and us, the LCD screen for the GameCube is not the same design as the toilet, which your ancestor created. It has a different purpose altogether and only slightly resembles the shape of the toilet. I'm sure if you knew what it is for you'd see my point. You see, it is simply an LCD Screen to make Nintendo's new games console portable, we didn't re-design the toilet and sell it as our own invention, it just happens that the shape it is the only that could fit our design."

Interact and Logic 3 also explained that "If the product is for the same then it is a good idea to sue, but for being the same shape is obscene."

Crapper still didn't drop the case though, he said "It's not about the simply use of the product, it's the ethics, using the same shape as a brilliant invention for something less useful but will be used for the same reason as the toilet by many people."

Interact got very annoyed and claimed that "All of our customers so far have been happy with the products being made. Some were quite surprised at what they resembled but it didn't effect their playing pleasure. I'm sure Logic 3 and Joytech can say the same. We are all respectable Third Party console developers and have nothing that breaks the law. We do are best to bring the best to our customers, if that means giving a perfectly capable product a shape that resembles a toilet then so be it."

Logic 3 said that "Whatever you might say about our products doesn't matter. Our customers know there's nothing wrong."

Mr Crapper still couldn't take it and claimed "Perfectly happy with your products? So you say! You're just trying to make excuses because you copied my family's idea and can't think of anything yourself!"

Eventually a fight broke out and Logic 3 claimed "If you say anything else I'll make you fit into one of our 'Products and shove a controller up your ar...!"

Taken from www.uselesscrap.com

Thanks for reading

RiCkOsS

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.