GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ferrari - Scum of Formula 1"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 12:18
Regular
And its true. Due to team orders Barrichello was told to move over for Schummacher. Even though he lead for the entire race. In my view team orders should be banned, else whats the point of two drivers racing when one could just hold everyone else for the main driver. Its not Schumacher i'm mad at its Ferrari for tell them to do it, i mean what difference would it have made in the end, they still got the same amount of points.
Mon 13/05/02 at 12:18
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
And its true. Due to team orders Barrichello was told to move over for Schummacher. Even though he lead for the entire race. In my view team orders should be banned, else whats the point of two drivers racing when one could just hold everyone else for the main driver. Its not Schumacher i'm mad at its Ferrari for tell them to do it, i mean what difference would it have made in the end, they still got the same amount of points.
Mon 13/05/02 at 12:23
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Ferrari are slowly but surely sapping every bit of fun and life out of F1. I used to watch every race but nowadays i get bored and switch over after the first few laps....
Mon 13/05/02 at 12:28
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
Me too, nowadays i only watch the start to c who gets out front because they usually win or for the crashes round the first corner.
Mon 13/05/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
It has made me lose my faith in the game - just imagine if this continues - if both ferrari drivers are on the front row they could well just coast, side by side, holding up everyone else!!!!!

What they did on sunday totally undermined the word 'race'
Mon 13/05/02 at 15:52
A dagger in the sport, from the hand of some supremo at Ferrari who probably didn't even watch the race.

The only way of looking at it in positive light is the way Schumacher and Barrichello acted - their sporting behaviour despite having to comply with team orders was superb. But Ralf's face - said it all didn't it!

Angel
Mon 13/05/02 at 16:49
"High polygon count"
Have you read this?

http://www.thisislondon.com/ dynamic/sport/reprint.html?in_review_id=582833

(Remove space)
Tue 14/05/02 at 13:07
Regular
I totally disagree with Ferrari`s decision as I don`t think it was necessary, and it was certainly a move that they should have known would hurt them more than help them. However, I do see the logic in it, and as the article Wookiee showed us says:

McLaren boss Ron Dennis said: "What they have done is completely within the rules. They have done it before and they'll do it again."

So, for now, we`ll have to put up with it. However, I believe the FIA should simply ban team orders, and force the teams to race. That way, I guess it would help, though teams could still hold pit stops slightly longer to allow driver 1 to pass driver 2.
Tue 14/05/02 at 13:42
"High polygon count"
ssxpro wrote:
> McLaren boss Ron Dennis said: "What they have done is completely
> within the rules. They have done it before and they'll do it
> again."

That is very true, but in that case you have to ask: Why are the FIA holding an enquiry, and why have they demanded a meeting with the drivers?

It might be acceptable according to the rules, but they obviously aren't happy with it. I don't see why they've summoned the drivers, though, as they were only following team orders. It's the team management that should be questioned.

I've lost interest in F1, as I've said before, but even so, I'd like to see them disqualified and the points taken away. But then that wouldn't be fair on Rubens.

It's a bit of a mess really, but it'll be interesting to see what action (if any) the FIA take.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.