GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lord Of The Rings Madness"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 12:05
Regular
I just read on a website that 1200 people petitioned to ban the title for the next LotR movie because of the Sept 11th event. It's going to be called 'The Two Towers' a name that JJR Tolkin came up with over 45 years ago and some bloke even wrote 'This title is clearly ment to refer to the attack on the twin towers'. No it isnt (idiot).
Mon 13/05/02 at 12:05
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
I just read on a website that 1200 people petitioned to ban the title for the next LotR movie because of the Sept 11th event. It's going to be called 'The Two Towers' a name that JJR Tolkin came up with over 45 years ago and some bloke even wrote 'This title is clearly ment to refer to the attack on the twin towers'. No it isnt (idiot).
Mon 13/05/02 at 12:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Let me guess, These people where Americans right? The film is based on a book which was written years ago, before sept 11th so I don't think its in bad taste. And the film isn't about the world trade centre's is it so why ban the film, surely not just because of the name. I would understand if two airplanes crashed into these two towers, but I think it unlikely.

I really hate people like this who think its there mission to get rid of everything 'they' see as offensive trying to spoil everyone elses entertainment. Annoying gits.
Mon 13/05/02 at 12:24
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
Too Right!
Mon 13/05/02 at 13:49
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
This really is another example of 'stupid' americans. Where did you see this??? I want to laugh at it.

Don't take me wrong, Sept 11th was the worst hing I've ever seen in my life - but relating this to it is ridiculus. Americans really dont do there reputations any good with this sort of thing.
Mon 13/05/02 at 13:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Strangely, none of these protestors are book readers.
Which explains it.

The petition was launched because the original muppet thought Jackson decided to call it "The Two Towers".

Americans + Books = Europeans
Mon 13/05/02 at 13:53
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I couldn't (and didn't) have put it better myself.

Americans + TV = Americans (well there are too many inbreds on chatshows such as jerry)
Mon 13/05/02 at 14:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Why don't these people try and partition for a worthy cause? Like trying to make gun sales illegal. Sure that may be a futile task, but no more so than trying to ban a film because they don't like the name.
Mon 13/05/02 at 16:31
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
cipro wrote:
> Why don't these people try and partition for a worthy cause? Like
> trying to make gun sales illegal. Sure that may be a futile task, but
> no more so than trying to ban a film because they don't like the name.

I find it amusing that in a country where alchol is banned unitl 21, you can pick up a handgun pretty much at any time and quite cheaply.
Mon 13/05/02 at 17:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Pasta Masta wrote:
> I find it amusing that in a country where alchol is banned unitl 21,
> you can pick up a handgun pretty much at any time and quite cheaply.

The reason why so many people buy guns in America? Well, if they have a gun they will be safe of course. Thats very logical isn't it.
Mon 13/05/02 at 21:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The really do bring it on themselves don't they.......

Lets all buy guns to a constitution that was made over 220 years ago, when weapons were perhaps a real safety measure, and lets not CHNAGE the constitution, lets AMEND it, because we are America, and we never make mistakes - But we can change it to suit our money/food grabbing needs!

I love them, don't you?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.