GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NO S VIDEO> WHAT??? Thats ridiculous!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 11:38
Regular
Hi all,

I posted a thread not too long ago called "s video blues" page back if you wanna read what I am guffing on about.... *mad mad mad!*

This is NUTS! How can you not include an S video out on a nex gen console?

A: I don't have a TV I use a wacking great big monitor and next thing on ye olde shopping list is a TFT or plasma (checks cash stash under mattress)

B: Thus I use a ATI All in Wonder radeon, god's gift to multi use PC's for inputs outputs, DVD etcetera. The inputs offer RF, Composite and S Video, very standardised and nothing bizarre...so why should I have to deal with fuzzy greens and bleeding reds? And scart? that stuff is ancient. RGB? Well I don't know too much about it, but I can't connect to it...if anyone could help with something there?

Some one please help if you know any different. The vga box from Liksang does not support the pal gamecube and I can't keep looking at a substandard image it's driving me mad. :( *boo hoo*

Thanks guys.
I love my cube, really I do.
Mon 13/05/02 at 11:38
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
Hi all,

I posted a thread not too long ago called "s video blues" page back if you wanna read what I am guffing on about.... *mad mad mad!*

This is NUTS! How can you not include an S video out on a nex gen console?

A: I don't have a TV I use a wacking great big monitor and next thing on ye olde shopping list is a TFT or plasma (checks cash stash under mattress)

B: Thus I use a ATI All in Wonder radeon, god's gift to multi use PC's for inputs outputs, DVD etcetera. The inputs offer RF, Composite and S Video, very standardised and nothing bizarre...so why should I have to deal with fuzzy greens and bleeding reds? And scart? that stuff is ancient. RGB? Well I don't know too much about it, but I can't connect to it...if anyone could help with something there?

Some one please help if you know any different. The vga box from Liksang does not support the pal gamecube and I can't keep looking at a substandard image it's driving me mad. :( *boo hoo*

Thanks guys.
I love my cube, really I do.
Mon 13/05/02 at 13:52
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
What is this RGB thing???
And why does the Gamecube manual say that u can only use the 60HZ mode with an RGB cable???
Do u need a special TV for the 60Hz mode???
Tue 14/05/02 at 17:32
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
RGB = Red- green- blue. All it does is split the picture into red, green and blue, and pts it onto the screen, inproving the graphics and sound. I think 60Hz mode can be used with or without the cable, and your T.V has to have a PAL60 function.
Tue 14/05/02 at 19:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah the rgb cable is neccesary for 60Hz modes, but fortunately my TV is NTSC compatible so it plays it without a problem.
Wed 15/05/02 at 10:27
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
Thanks for the help on the RGB issue guys. I found the feature PAL - 60 in the settings for the tv player on my PC so I think the image will sharpen up a bit, on games that support it. However....

IT STILL DOESN'T HELP ME with other Games!!!! AAARRGGH RANT! RAGE! etc.

Why no s-video? And since it is the case, what did they think they could fob us off with? RGB? or PAL 60? Are these equal to or better than S Video?

Last post on this subject promise. Then I'll accept my fate and buy a flippin telly.

Don't know where I'll put it tho. Umm. XG3 Rulez. I bust the sound barrier last night and nearly wet myself. My god is it fast. Short, but freakin fast, and speed always comes first...vrrm.
Wed 15/05/02 at 18:23
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
s-video works on the american cube (works on mine fine) , just try it , they only cost 8 quid , then if it dosent work , just use it with your n64 or something , as my n64 works fine with it , so , technically so should the gamecube. they plug into the same av out socket on your gamecube so i dont think there should be a problem.
Thu 16/05/02 at 14:08
Regular
"Tag as above"
RGB has a slight edge over S-Video in terms of quailty.

You can buy a S-Video lead for a Game Cube here

http://www.interesting-devices.com /Products/nintendo/gamecube/index.htm

(Remove space)
Fri 17/05/02 at 08:55
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
FatButcher wrote:
> RGB has a slight edge over S-Video in terms of quailty.
>
> You can buy a S-Video lead for a Game Cube here
>
>
> http://www.interesting-devices.com
> /Products/nintendo/gamecube/index.htm
>
> (Remove space)

Thankd Fat Butcher - so it works then? They included S Video out with the Pal GC? So many say yes - so many say no...*sigh*

What is the answer?
Fri 17/05/02 at 09:34
Regular
"everyone says it"
It doesn't have one because it doesn't need one.

deerrrrr....
Fri 17/05/02 at 13:28
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
er-no wrote:
> It doesn't have one because it doesn't need one.
>
> deerrrrr....

Sweeping statement with no explanation. Care to divulge the information that lead you to this announcement?

-Composite
-Svideo
-RGB

Why shouldn't it have all 3? They are after all 3 different connections physically, so why not offer all options? If the yanks get it - why can't we? Is it a technical limitation - or a shortcut based on the premise that penetration of s video in the european market may be lower than that of RGB? I don't understand a conscious decision to short spec a system with no reason (yet - still open to an answer on that one). Just intrigued thats all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.