GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Software release dates"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/10/00 at 14:44
Regular
I was looking through the list of PS2 software on this site and noticed that some of the games have a release dates ahead of the 24th of November.

Why?? Is it true for example that ISS2000 will be available from the 1st of November?? and if so then why??

I mean I know some games in the US have been released already and the system is not available for a couple of days (lucky G##s) but that is only a couple of days. We would be sitting there caressing our new PS2 game boxes for a whole month before the machine arrives.
Tue 24/10/00 at 19:46
> Babylonian, I thought you were optimistic about the release date,
> dont start getting us paranoid now(even though i probably agree
> with you, even though I dont want to!)

Yes, I am optimistic! What I'm saying is that the industry, by setting release dates of 1st November, could be taken as an encouraging sign that the 24th November console launch is pretty much certain.
Tue 24/10/00 at 18:51
Regular
"Whatever!"
Is there any more news about Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore making a release title?
Tue 24/10/00 at 16:06
Babylonian, I thought you were optimistic about the release date, dont start getting us paranoid now(even though i probably agree with you, even though I dont want to!)
Tue 24/10/00 at 15:56
I have no idea!

The only reason I can think of is to get titles into the charts and climbing in the run up to Xmas. Xmas Number 1 in the games charts is almost as prestigious as in the music industry.

Also, another thought... tying this to Kieran's threat below about another delay to the Euro launch... maybe the industry know more than we do, and this should be taken as a sign that 24th November is a definite release date for the machine?
Tue 24/10/00 at 15:54
Ignore those- theyre just provisional dates. Most of the games will be available from launch day, with the exceptions of the ones vaguely dubbed, 2001 or TBA. The game you suggested are available from launch, I think.
Tue 24/10/00 at 14:44
I was looking through the list of PS2 software on this site and noticed that some of the games have a release dates ahead of the 24th of November.

Why?? Is it true for example that ISS2000 will be available from the 1st of November?? and if so then why??

I mean I know some games in the US have been released already and the system is not available for a couple of days (lucky G##s) but that is only a couple of days. We would be sitting there caressing our new PS2 game boxes for a whole month before the machine arrives.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.