GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum Avatars, can't add one"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/08 at 12:29
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
Hi I have been trying to upload myself an avatars for the forum but I am having problems with it. Before I choose the file the box to the left where the picture goes has a ? in it. It allows me to choose a picture and upload it and then goes on to say it has done it ok but yet when I go back and look it still has the question mark there and any new posts I make do not have the avatar next to them.

I am using ie7 to browse the forums am I missing something or is it a problem with new avatars?
Mon 18/02/08 at 20:29
Regular
No way Bob wouldnt do that.......would he?

Eccles wrote:
> Yeah sorry. I think Bob went home leaving us to fix it! Oops!
Mon 18/02/08 at 19:50
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Yeah sorry. I think Bob went home leaving us to fix it! Oops!
Mon 18/02/08 at 19:09
Regular
Sorted! bring back Bob we want Bob vote Bob
Mon 18/02/08 at 19:08
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
everything is fine here now also. Cheers Bob
Mon 18/02/08 at 18:55
"Are you sure?"
Bob wrote:
> I've found the bug with the upload and fixed it now...

Hmmm... are you sure?

403 Forbidden
The requested URL '/uploaded/xx/xx/xx/00000x.gif' resolves to a file which is marked executable but is not a CGI file; retrieving it is forbidden.

I preferred it before it was 'fixed' ;¬p

Looks like it's working now!

Search Freeola Chat
Mon 18/02/08 at 18:31
Regular
My approved avatar has vanished in fact every ones avatar has vanished who stole the avatar server? everyone has red crosses

Digi
Mon 18/02/08 at 17:58
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
Thanks Bob mine has been approved now and showing, there is the but though. Now in the forum I can not see anyones elses after I cleared my internet cache. They all including yours show up as crosses.

Is anyones else not seeing avatars after clearing there internet cache?

God I feel like a curse now, sorry lol
Mon 18/02/08 at 17:08
Regular
I've found the bug with the upload and fixed it now. If you try your image again it should show up as awaiting checks and in a few more hours show on here.
Mon 18/02/08 at 16:27
Regular
"Victory is mine!"
email sent thanks for the help Bob.
Mon 18/02/08 at 15:37
Regular
Hi Jackalsb,

Can you send a copy of the image file you are trying to upload to [email protected] and I'll take a look into what is causing your issue.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.