GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Meta Description Query"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/08/06 at 14:54
Regular
Yes its me again !!

I have now an active site and thanks all for your help with my previous query which now works !

My query this time is that I have added a meta description to my page which appears on google if you search under brockworth albion

However, the initial item www.brockworthalbion.com appears (without the text from the meta description) and also www.brockworthalbion.com/main appears with the text (however the site loads incorrectly - due to frames I think ?)

How can I create it so www.brockworthalbion.com is found with the meta description (basically I need the correct hyperlink with the description).

As I am not to au fait with websites (as you know by now) I am at a loss !!

Anyhelp would be most appreciated as I cannot seem to rectify the problem - I do recall adding the description to the main.htm page which it has found but cannot find which page I should add it too.

Also one more thing whilst I am here - the page title of Brockworth Albion Football Club is not on any of my pages but appears on the browser title ? Which page do I need to update for this to show Brockworth Albion Football Club Official Website (as I would like ?)

All your help once again most appreciated.

Kind regards

Chris
Tue 22/08/06 at 08:15
Regular
Well i was going to give the same advice but was beaten to it :( thought I'd take some credit anyway.
Mon 21/08/06 at 23:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Machie wrote:
> Glad we could help you Top_LLoyd :^)

"we"?
Mon 21/08/06 at 15:52
Regular
Glad we could help you Top_LLoyd :^)
Mon 21/08/06 at 15:41
Regular
Thanks Garin !

My stupidity defies logic sometimes !!

Regards

Chris
Mon 21/08/06 at 15:04
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Top_LLoyd wrote:

> How can I create it so www.brockworthalbion.com is found with
> the meta description (basically I need the correct hyperlink
> with the description).

You need to update the page that sets up your frames.
http://www.brockworthalbion.com/index.htm lacks the meta description (and this is the first page thats visited when a browser/search engine visits your site).

> Also one more thing whilst I am here - the page title of
> Brockworth Albion Football Club is not on any of my pages but
> appears on the browser title ? Which page do I need to update
> for this to show Brockworth Albion Football Club Official
> Website (as I would like ?)

Same as above, its index.htm you need to update with the correct page title.
Mon 21/08/06 at 14:54
Regular
Yes its me again !!

I have now an active site and thanks all for your help with my previous query which now works !

My query this time is that I have added a meta description to my page which appears on google if you search under brockworth albion

However, the initial item www.brockworthalbion.com appears (without the text from the meta description) and also www.brockworthalbion.com/main appears with the text (however the site loads incorrectly - due to frames I think ?)

How can I create it so www.brockworthalbion.com is found with the meta description (basically I need the correct hyperlink with the description).

As I am not to au fait with websites (as you know by now) I am at a loss !!

Anyhelp would be most appreciated as I cannot seem to rectify the problem - I do recall adding the description to the main.htm page which it has found but cannot find which page I should add it too.

Also one more thing whilst I am here - the page title of Brockworth Albion Football Club is not on any of my pages but appears on the browser title ? Which page do I need to update for this to show Brockworth Albion Football Club Official Website (as I would like ?)

All your help once again most appreciated.

Kind regards

Chris

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.