GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ye Olde Nintendo Thread (NES, SNES)"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/05/02 at 17:56
Regular
Just completed Mazza 3 on the ancient NES, let me tell you its a classic, but the last bowser and the ending was a bit of an anti climax. Still the last world: Dark World was fun.

Now for your old Nintendo stories...
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:58
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Oh yah Ninja Turles on the NES was ekselent, I also think that the old ninja turtles on the faithful AMSTRAD CPC464 was a killer ... the relationship between the Nintendo64 and the Amstrad CPC464 is quite obvious isnt it???Which is why it deserves a mention in this forum bless it..
Mon 13/05/02 at 15:26
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm sure I completed the first Mario, and then I JUST did the second, but I don't think I ever completed no.3! :O
That's something I can do next time i'm bored and have nothing else to do in my spare time this summer.

I did finnish Mario World, that's gotta be my no.1 pre-Mario 64 Mario title! Brilliant! So good, that i'm even considering getting it on the GBA - even though it's the same game as before! - isn't it???

And did anyone ever play Kirby on the NES?? One of my favourite games ever!! And I also found the NES Ninja Turtles game as one of my hardest.
And what about Excitebike on the NES - and I don't mean the mode on the N64 version??
Mon 13/05/02 at 10:24
Regular
"cant think of one.."
I always loved the MEGAMAN games. And duck hunt!...
Mon 13/05/02 at 08:35
Regular
"accidental superher"
thegerrid wrote:
> emulators aren't the same, you needed to play the real thing to
> experience the magic of zelda (espescially link to the past.
> brilliance)

err...i'll take you word...but i don't see how it would be any different
Sun 12/05/02 at 21:46
Regular
Vottanator wrote:

> I want a GOOD 3D remake of Mega Man! GOOD I TELL YOU, GOOD!

Yes, and preferably the ability to duck.
Sun 12/05/02 at 21:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
emulators aren't the same, you needed to play the real thing to experience the magic of zelda (espescially link to the past. brilliance)
Sun 12/05/02 at 21:37
Regular
"accidental superher"
i really like my snes emulator...most of the games i have on it are squaresoft rpgs -FF IV, Chrono Trigger (THIS IS BRILLIANT), Secret of Mana (it's okay), Secret of Mana 2 (A LOT BETTER than SOM1....have to find a translated version though-which i have)

other games include FINAL FIGHT 1,2,3 and Knights of the Round and Legend of Zelda (which i personally don't really like -give me a squaresoft rpg anyday)
Sun 12/05/02 at 20:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
starwing was great, it was such a heavy cart, but i always liked killer instinct and fifa '96
"corner"
ha, it makes me laugh today
Sun 12/05/02 at 20:31
Regular
"Back For Good"
Vottanator wrote:
> And I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that all Mega Man
> games in the NES were absolutely brilliant!

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!
Sun 12/05/02 at 18:10
"Mimmargh!"
tigamilla wrote:
> Did anyone ever play BRILLIANT and tough as nuts SUPERSWIV on SNES???

Can't say I have. I played Starwing, let me tell you its no Rogue Leader!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.