GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What game to buy?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/05/02 at 16:51
Regular
I am looking to buy a game for the ps2 but Idon't know what to buy.Ive got GTA3and Smackdown 3 already.What game shall I buy/
Sun 12/05/02 at 16:51
I am looking to buy a game for the ps2 but Idon't know what to buy.Ive got GTA3and Smackdown 3 already.What game shall I buy/
Sun 12/05/02 at 16:59
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Rent MGS2 and then buy Medal of Honor Frontline on June 7th.

Or buy MGS2 and rent MOF:F.
Sun 12/05/02 at 16:59
Regular
"Bobba you"
Head hunter, Max payne,Red faction. All off them are good i know cos i have played them all :)
Sun 12/05/02 at 17:09
Regular
"TAGLINE ERROR!"
Depends what type of games you're looking for. Already mentioned games like MOH:Frontline, MGS2 and Max Payne are all great. If you like RPG's you might as well wait a couple of weeks to get the mighty FFX.
Sun 12/05/02 at 17:13
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
What types of games do you like?

Sport? - Pro Evolution Soccer, SSX Tricky, NBA Street
RPGS? - Final Fantasy X (Coming out on 24th May)
FPS? - Timesplitters (Cant go Wrong!) Medal of Honour Frontline (07/06).
Platformers? - Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, Maximo
Action? - MGS 2, Prisoner of War (Released 06/06) and
War? - Dropship, Ace Combat 4 are other great games.
Beat Em Ups? - DOA 2, Tekkan tag, Vitua Fighter 4

Best thing to do is have a look at some reviews on these games to see if they are the types of games you would enjoy.
Sun 12/05/02 at 19:21
Regular
If you want a decent FPS i would go for Medal of Honour as it looks brilliant and will be a very popular game to talk to people about.

If you want something a little different then go for Prisoner of War as it looks like very promising game and it's an original idea if you forget about the Great Escape.

If you want a Racing game apart from GT3 then go for the new Toca game as you can have car damage which was one of GT's faults and there aint many of them.

If you are mad about RPG's i don't have a clue why then go for the king yes FFX although i think it is so boring and like Pokemon lots of people love it and i'm sure your exactly the same.

If you haven't got much money and can only afford a Platinum then i would recommend Timesplitters or Red faction as great FPS games which will keep you occupied and if you get them preowned they will only be about £10 each.

Hope this Helps you decide.
Sun 12/05/02 at 20:49
Regular
"Brrrrr."
GT3 or maybe Agent Under Fire.
Mon 13/05/02 at 13:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Dropship is my next game, I've played two demos of the game and its a great mix of flight and ground base action. I might claim it as my GAD actually.
Mon 13/05/02 at 13:58
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
Metal Gear Solid 2 or you could wait for Final Fantasy X
Mon 13/05/02 at 14:01
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
TOny Hawk's Three - its 25 pound in HMV at the moment and it is brilllllllllliant........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.