GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube burnout!! <--Underrated???"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/05/02 at 16:29
Regular
One of the most stunning games I have played ....
Burnout on gamecube, the tightness of the controls is amazing, and try using L and R to have analogue acceleration and braking then u'll know all about playability....
But its been underrated by all the magazines.
show some suppport for Criterion games people...
Mon 13/05/02 at 16:53
"High polygon count"
Or†ega wrote:
> Gamecube version hasnt improved that much on the PS2 version has it?

Virtually identical.
Mon 13/05/02 at 16:34
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm one of these people who's been looking out for this game ever since they first saw it in action. I don't think it'll last forever like Mario Kart, but i'm sure i'll get some great fun and experiences from it when I do eventually get this game.

It looks so good that i'm also considering getting a Wheel and Pedals just for this game!
I also haven't seen the X-box or PS2 versions, so I can't comment on them.

I too believe that it is under-rated by many!
Sun 12/05/02 at 22:30
Regular
Personally this is one the worst racing games I have played in recent times.

I've got it on the PS2 and just think it is a complete bore/

Races last for too long and there is no real motivation to actually finish these races...they just drag on and on...

Real Lack of options as well.

Gamecube version hasnt improved that much on the PS2 version has it?
Sun 12/05/02 at 22:12
Regular
I'm suprised NGC only gave Rogue Leader 87%, I thought it was GC's best game so far, other than Smash Bros. of course :S
Sun 12/05/02 at 22:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I've got Burnout for my brand spanking new GC - Its great. Although, I don't have a mem card (its coming tommorrow with Rogue Leader! YIPEE!) and I can only race on Interstate, the gorgeous Harbour Town and River City, I can safely say it is great fun, and there is nothing like racing down the wrong side ofa motorway, with your turbo boost blazing!

Anyhoo, I don't think it has been under-reated. NGC gave it something like 86%, and NOM gave it 9/10. It is great fun, and a good buy for any arcade racer lover!
Sun 12/05/02 at 21:48
Regular
I think SMB is underated as well, but whatcha gonna do?...*thinks hard*

Aha, don't listen to 'em...
Sun 12/05/02 at 21:45
Regular
I love Burnout on GC! i rented it and it was amazing, plus i hate cars and racing games! (well, up until now). The graphics are really improved from the PS2 version, the control is superb and the multiplayer mayhem is class, i love to run my mum and my best mate off the road! or into an oncoming car!
Sun 12/05/02 at 17:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
oh.

well, it is a PS2 game, maybe people think that it will be just like that with sprused up graphics or whatever. or maybe they already have it on the PS2.

i like it anyway, nice crash replays and lots of traffic.
Sun 12/05/02 at 17:28
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
IGN online only gave it 7.8 out of ten and the public dont seem to like it....
Sun 12/05/02 at 17:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
who underrated it? igncube said it was good, so did NGC. adn gamespot.
who underrated it?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.