GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The bestest friend you could ever have"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/05/02 at 13:30
Regular
This all may sound a little silly but I find this quite true about a best friend. I hope you enjoy and let's begin.

We all have friends and family. Some may be closer than others, some may be further away than others and some may have never spoken to you in ten years because they've moved away on important business or something. But from time to time they've nearly always been there. Haven't they? Well what about if they are away on holiday or at work or even worse. They've just had a fight with you and don't want to speak to you for ummmmm..... a whole hour!

Well if that's the case then you can always go to plan B. What's Plan B you say? Well Plan B is the friend who has always, and I said always been there for you. He, or she, whatever you want to call it, has been there when you've just been sacked, or you've just lost all your money on one teeny little bet that was supposed to be a sure thing. Do you know who or what it is? I'll give you a hint. He plays with you for hours and hours and never gets tired.

The best friend you could ever have in my opinion is you games console. You're Gamecube or X Box or Playstation 2 are your best friends. They've always put you first. (Most of the time) They've given you the best possible visuals so you can see the world through their eyes. The sublime looks of a volcano or the beautiful Lara Croft. They've always given you the best sound so as to match what we hear in our daily life only 100 times better. They've given us hours of playing. One minute we can be Zelda, the next Mario or Solid Snake. They've also given us the comfort of playing. The great controls and easy button sequences. Our console has always been there.

But they have also taught us amazing things. They have taught us that there is more to life than walking, going to school, going home then eating. There are people who have amazing imaginations. People who have come up with the most craziest, but best looking games ever. There is a whole other world out there just waiting to be explored. And just one last thing on learning. Our console has also taaught us sensible things like; don't blow yourself up with a grenade in Goldeneye, watering plants gives you money fro Luigi's Mansion (Ooops forget that bit), You can drown in water taught by Metal Gear Solid 2. I could go on forever and ever but I won't.

But wait. Have our consoles been there all the time.What if we were to play a game like Universal Studios. Is our console our best friend or worst enemy. We feel our console has let us down for showing us this total rubbish. (Sorry if you've bought it. But it's true. It sucks) It's as if our console has run off with our girlfriend. It breaks our heart. But we get over it. It's not as if it's let us down that badly as we'll just buy another game.

Now when you think about it we do need friends as you can play with the, joke about with them or talk to them about problems you're having. They will be there for you but not all the time. That's why we need our console. Plan B. Overall I believe our console is a man's or women's best friend. They rule. If my console were a human I would hug it and say "Thank you for helpoing me, entertaining me and being the best friend I ever had."
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:07
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I wouldn't call any of my consoles my BEST friend...heck, maybe not even TV could be that.
Mon 13/05/02 at 20:02
Regular
"I Control All Pikmi"
Great post bro. I believe my PS2 is the best friend I'll ever have. Good chance for a gameaday here. SR should take note here.
Sun 12/05/02 at 13:57
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
The electric shock would be worth it.
Sun 12/05/02 at 13:48
Regular
A firend of mine refers to his aging N64 as "his wife". Strange, scary yet true.
Sun 12/05/02 at 13:45
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Shock, sorry!
Sun 12/05/02 at 13:45
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Ghost Killer wrote:
>If my console were a human I would hug it and say "Thank you for helping >me, entertaining me and being the best friend I ever had."

If you hugged it, wouldn't you get an electric shok?
Sun 12/05/02 at 13:30
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
This all may sound a little silly but I find this quite true about a best friend. I hope you enjoy and let's begin.

We all have friends and family. Some may be closer than others, some may be further away than others and some may have never spoken to you in ten years because they've moved away on important business or something. But from time to time they've nearly always been there. Haven't they? Well what about if they are away on holiday or at work or even worse. They've just had a fight with you and don't want to speak to you for ummmmm..... a whole hour!

Well if that's the case then you can always go to plan B. What's Plan B you say? Well Plan B is the friend who has always, and I said always been there for you. He, or she, whatever you want to call it, has been there when you've just been sacked, or you've just lost all your money on one teeny little bet that was supposed to be a sure thing. Do you know who or what it is? I'll give you a hint. He plays with you for hours and hours and never gets tired.

The best friend you could ever have in my opinion is you games console. You're Gamecube or X Box or Playstation 2 are your best friends. They've always put you first. (Most of the time) They've given you the best possible visuals so you can see the world through their eyes. The sublime looks of a volcano or the beautiful Lara Croft. They've always given you the best sound so as to match what we hear in our daily life only 100 times better. They've given us hours of playing. One minute we can be Zelda, the next Mario or Solid Snake. They've also given us the comfort of playing. The great controls and easy button sequences. Our console has always been there.

But they have also taught us amazing things. They have taught us that there is more to life than walking, going to school, going home then eating. There are people who have amazing imaginations. People who have come up with the most craziest, but best looking games ever. There is a whole other world out there just waiting to be explored. And just one last thing on learning. Our console has also taaught us sensible things like; don't blow yourself up with a grenade in Goldeneye, watering plants gives you money fro Luigi's Mansion (Ooops forget that bit), You can drown in water taught by Metal Gear Solid 2. I could go on forever and ever but I won't.

But wait. Have our consoles been there all the time.What if we were to play a game like Universal Studios. Is our console our best friend or worst enemy. We feel our console has let us down for showing us this total rubbish. (Sorry if you've bought it. But it's true. It sucks) It's as if our console has run off with our girlfriend. It breaks our heart. But we get over it. It's not as if it's let us down that badly as we'll just buy another game.

Now when you think about it we do need friends as you can play with the, joke about with them or talk to them about problems you're having. They will be there for you but not all the time. That's why we need our console. Plan B. Overall I believe our console is a man's or women's best friend. They rule. If my console were a human I would hug it and say "Thank you for helpoing me, entertaining me and being the best friend I ever had."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.