GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy online?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/05/02 at 12:33
Regular
Have squaresoft dug themselves a hole they won't be able to get out of?
Or have they set an example for game developers?
Sure Phantasy Star Online was the real Mc Coy but whose the real Mc Coy of RPG's(Role Playing Games)? none other than the treasure that we refer to as the Final Fantasy series.

I have played these games since I was 5 and I loved them and before that I watch my brother playing them. Sony stole Final Fantasy from Nintendo I can't believe Nintendo let them go but squaresoft came up with the best game ever made in the Final fantasy which was of course Final Fantasy VII.
What your fave and why?

But FF11 is going to be incredilbly expensive first you by the internet package then sign up at BT and at Play-online then you actually buy the game itself which will easily cost more than your PS2 itself. It's going to be a hit in Japan but our us europeans going to be so welcoming?

And another thing wher the hell is FF10 it hasn't even hit our shores yet and squaresoft are talking about FF12. I've got FF6+7+8+9 and I've downloaded the rest. I'm getting Final fantasy but by the time we finsh FF10 oh! whats this FF11 you have spend another month locked up in your room with all those stinken dinner dishes.

All I ask is there going to be a single player FF11? How do you feel about FF online? will it be all it's hyped up to be? Can we afford it and will squaresoft change back to Nintendo once sony's contract run out or will they go to the dreaded Xbox what do you think they should do?
Mon 13/05/02 at 08:20
Regular
"accidental superher"
Longy:0) wrote:
> FF11 should be really good i just need to see a price list and why did
> you say that the game would cost more than the PS2? it'll only cost
> £40 at most, but anyway i think it will be a hit depending on
> prices because i deffenetly want to get it, it will be really amazing

game -40 quid
modem/broadband addon -40
hard drive -100
keyboard -20?

maybe keyboard isn't obligatory but it is if you want to chat to people a lot online (which will happen if it's an online game...duh)
Sun 12/05/02 at 22:19
Regular
"WWJD"
FF11 should be really good i just need to see a price list and why did you say that the game would cost more than the PS2? it'll only cost £40 at most, but anyway i think it will be a hit depending on prices because i deffenetly want to get it, it will be really amazing
Sun 12/05/02 at 21:28
Regular
"accidental superher"
agent under fire wrote:
> I really don't see the fascination with FF games as i played the FFX
> demo for about 10 minutes and i got bored but as everyone else says
> how good it is i guess it's a good thing that it's going online.
>
> P.S. could someone please tell me what you think makes FF games so
> good.

the story is always good...FF7 is one of the weirdest and best there is...gameplay requires quite a lot of tactics (the demo didn't really require many tactics though)...the develepors always try something new in each game...minigames are mostly good...character development (well that's part of story ain't it) is excellent.
Sun 12/05/02 at 21:26
Regular
"accidental superher"
i played pso to death (raked up 100 hours) and on reflection...i think it is a p*ss poor game...gameplay was pants but it was quite fun chatting to some people online...but then why don't i just use a chatroom or something like icq?? cheating will be a problem that squaresoft will hopefully be able to eliminate
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:33
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
To be honest, I doubt that FF11 will come out here. Requiring the HDD and a modem and a yekboard it will cost a fortune... (although us European gamers wouldn't have to pay the monthly subscription).
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:00
Ok, but on the demo it was like the pokemon games where you just take your turns until someone dies but you were obviously outnumbered and i died.
Sun 12/05/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Back For Good"
What makes the Final Fantasy series so great is they all try something new or different, ok Final Fantasy XI is trying something very very different but from what I've seen on cover DVDs it's going to be groundbreaking. The Graphics, sound and world are beautiful and if Phantasy Star Online succeded on the now very dated dreamcast along with a 33.k modem then how can Final Fantasy fail?
Sun 12/05/02 at 14:44
I really don't see the fascination with FF games as i played the FFX demo for about 10 minutes and i got bored but as everyone else says how good it is i guess it's a good thing that it's going online.

P.S. could someone please tell me what you think makes FF games so good.
Sun 12/05/02 at 14:38
Regular
"TAGLINE ERROR!"
Final Fantasy XI will be an online-only game. I'm quite looking forward to it. I havn't tried RPG's online before, and admittedly I'm not estatic over the prospect of a subscription fee to play it, but I think it's time that the series moved onto a new level.
Sun 12/05/02 at 12:33
Have squaresoft dug themselves a hole they won't be able to get out of?
Or have they set an example for game developers?
Sure Phantasy Star Online was the real Mc Coy but whose the real Mc Coy of RPG's(Role Playing Games)? none other than the treasure that we refer to as the Final Fantasy series.

I have played these games since I was 5 and I loved them and before that I watch my brother playing them. Sony stole Final Fantasy from Nintendo I can't believe Nintendo let them go but squaresoft came up with the best game ever made in the Final fantasy which was of course Final Fantasy VII.
What your fave and why?

But FF11 is going to be incredilbly expensive first you by the internet package then sign up at BT and at Play-online then you actually buy the game itself which will easily cost more than your PS2 itself. It's going to be a hit in Japan but our us europeans going to be so welcoming?

And another thing wher the hell is FF10 it hasn't even hit our shores yet and squaresoft are talking about FF12. I've got FF6+7+8+9 and I've downloaded the rest. I'm getting Final fantasy but by the time we finsh FF10 oh! whats this FF11 you have spend another month locked up in your room with all those stinken dinner dishes.

All I ask is there going to be a single player FF11? How do you feel about FF online? will it be all it's hyped up to be? Can we afford it and will squaresoft change back to Nintendo once sony's contract run out or will they go to the dreaded Xbox what do you think they should do?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.