GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retro games in the future! what will they be?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/05/02 at 01:22
Regular
I'm sure you've all day-dreamed about what gaming will be like in 20 years or so. I bet it's gonna be pretty smart, that's for sure. But if we're still gaming then... would we ever switch on one of our now next-gen machines, to play a then retro game?

What games will stand the test of time? Here's my opinion, which is also the plain truth, because I'm a time traveller... and i never lie.

THE ONES THAT WON'T MAKE IT BUT THAT YOU MIGHT THINK WOULD:

GTA3: Ooops, certainly not. It was a great game, but has been done a thousand times better a thousand times since.

GT3: Ha! as if! Those graphics are lame

PRO EVO SOCCER: Where do you plug the ball peripheral into? Tsk, it's so unrealistic.

HALO: Surely this must have come with a light gun, a steering wheel and a microphone headset?

FINAL FANTASY X: I wouldn't bother with that, the FF series is in triple figures now.

THE ONES THAT WILL MAKE IT BUT THAT YOU MIGHT THINK WOULDN'T:

STUPID MONKEY BALLS: Never before and never again. Forever and always, amen.

CAPCOM vs SNK 2: The finest 2d fighter ever made... and possibly the last to retain any kind of commercial dignity.

METAL GEAR SLUG: The finest 2d platformer affair ever made... and probably the last to retain any kind of commercial dignity.

RESIDENT EVIL: I never liked the game, but since Resident Evil part 100 was released, it has been put on the national curriculum as necessary coursework for GCSE English.

SEGA MARINE FISHING: The only fishing game with a silly fishing-rod peripheral. Therefore the only fishing game ever worth playing.

PS Future results for lottery draws, derby winners etc also available for a fee.
Sun 12/05/02 at 01:22
Regular
"95% organic"
I'm sure you've all day-dreamed about what gaming will be like in 20 years or so. I bet it's gonna be pretty smart, that's for sure. But if we're still gaming then... would we ever switch on one of our now next-gen machines, to play a then retro game?

What games will stand the test of time? Here's my opinion, which is also the plain truth, because I'm a time traveller... and i never lie.

THE ONES THAT WON'T MAKE IT BUT THAT YOU MIGHT THINK WOULD:

GTA3: Ooops, certainly not. It was a great game, but has been done a thousand times better a thousand times since.

GT3: Ha! as if! Those graphics are lame

PRO EVO SOCCER: Where do you plug the ball peripheral into? Tsk, it's so unrealistic.

HALO: Surely this must have come with a light gun, a steering wheel and a microphone headset?

FINAL FANTASY X: I wouldn't bother with that, the FF series is in triple figures now.

THE ONES THAT WILL MAKE IT BUT THAT YOU MIGHT THINK WOULDN'T:

STUPID MONKEY BALLS: Never before and never again. Forever and always, amen.

CAPCOM vs SNK 2: The finest 2d fighter ever made... and possibly the last to retain any kind of commercial dignity.

METAL GEAR SLUG: The finest 2d platformer affair ever made... and probably the last to retain any kind of commercial dignity.

RESIDENT EVIL: I never liked the game, but since Resident Evil part 100 was released, it has been put on the national curriculum as necessary coursework for GCSE English.

SEGA MARINE FISHING: The only fishing game with a silly fishing-rod peripheral. Therefore the only fishing game ever worth playing.

PS Future results for lottery draws, derby winners etc also available for a fee.
Tue 18/06/02 at 21:43
4D, 5D, 6D. That's all I'm gonna say.
Sat 09/10/04 at 15:20
Regular
"Nicolaj"
Most of the games series exicts today and they not gone
Tue 04/01/05 at 08:56
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
well, i reckon they should have special plaques on city signs. (The ones that you see when you enter the boundary.) e.g. "Twycross. Home of Rareware Ltd."
Tue 04/01/05 at 11:46
Regular
"Forgot my password."
You illzen are the biggest retard I have ever met.
Wed 05/01/05 at 00:29
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I think that the GTA series will definitely become known as retro.
Thu 06/01/05 at 01:28
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Chr1s wrote:
> I think that the GTA series will definitely become known as retro.

Not wrong there.
Thu 06/01/05 at 11:33
Regular
"Forgot my password."
Errrm every old game is known as retro, Also the standard of classics to be today has nothing on late eighties early nineties games. Bring on SuperFrog featuring the worlds biggest Lucosade promotional campaign.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.