GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The future and past of my gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/05/02 at 22:21
Regular
I remember how my gaming experience first started many years ago. I was six years old and my parents had bought me an Atari for Christmas, complete with 128 built-in games. I treasured that Atari and have still got it today wrapped up in a bag in the bottom of my wardrobe. My favourite game by far was a grand-prix style racer that at the time seemed the be-all-and-end-all in driving games.

My waning interest in the Atari happened to coincide with the next big thing on the market- the Master System. Many an hour was spent with my friends battling our way through great games such as Alex Kidd, sometimes our friendship being tested when we ended up not speaking to each other over one of us losing too many lives!

Then along came the Mega Drive, a console that truly captured my heart. Sonic the Hedgehog emblazoned the box my Mega Drive came in and was never far from the cartridge port. To this day the red-shoed blue hedgehog remains my favourite computer game critter. I also recall a rather obscure little character by the name of Greendog who for many years featured in my top 10 plays on the Mega Drive. Streets of Rage was another game I miss playing and was played over and over again, its longevity I’ve never seen the likes of again. It just never seemed to get dull. And who could forget Sensible Soccer, one of the most engrossing football games ever.

But yet again great things were to come. In 1995 I truly thought things could not get any better when along came the Sony Playstation. I remember he hype, the queues, the weird alien girl on T.V., and my first Playstation game- Wipeout. This game took my breath away. Days and nights were spent for weeks mastering the tracks, shooting down the enemies, unlocking the higher classes. I remember Battle Arena Toshinden, bringing me back to the days of Streets of Rage in some ways, minus the levels of course. The Final Fantasy series was first brought to my attention on this console and the same with Metal Gear Solid.

And now, here I am with my Playstation 2, fourteen years after it all began. I’m as hooked on games today as I was in the good old days with my Atari, without games I would be lost. The future looks bright for us gamers indeed. Long may computer games continue!
Sat 11/05/02 at 22:21
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I remember how my gaming experience first started many years ago. I was six years old and my parents had bought me an Atari for Christmas, complete with 128 built-in games. I treasured that Atari and have still got it today wrapped up in a bag in the bottom of my wardrobe. My favourite game by far was a grand-prix style racer that at the time seemed the be-all-and-end-all in driving games.

My waning interest in the Atari happened to coincide with the next big thing on the market- the Master System. Many an hour was spent with my friends battling our way through great games such as Alex Kidd, sometimes our friendship being tested when we ended up not speaking to each other over one of us losing too many lives!

Then along came the Mega Drive, a console that truly captured my heart. Sonic the Hedgehog emblazoned the box my Mega Drive came in and was never far from the cartridge port. To this day the red-shoed blue hedgehog remains my favourite computer game critter. I also recall a rather obscure little character by the name of Greendog who for many years featured in my top 10 plays on the Mega Drive. Streets of Rage was another game I miss playing and was played over and over again, its longevity I’ve never seen the likes of again. It just never seemed to get dull. And who could forget Sensible Soccer, one of the most engrossing football games ever.

But yet again great things were to come. In 1995 I truly thought things could not get any better when along came the Sony Playstation. I remember he hype, the queues, the weird alien girl on T.V., and my first Playstation game- Wipeout. This game took my breath away. Days and nights were spent for weeks mastering the tracks, shooting down the enemies, unlocking the higher classes. I remember Battle Arena Toshinden, bringing me back to the days of Streets of Rage in some ways, minus the levels of course. The Final Fantasy series was first brought to my attention on this console and the same with Metal Gear Solid.

And now, here I am with my Playstation 2, fourteen years after it all began. I’m as hooked on games today as I was in the good old days with my Atari, without games I would be lost. The future looks bright for us gamers indeed. Long may computer games continue!
Sat 11/05/02 at 22:33
Regular
All started for me 10 years ago when I got a Amiga 600 for my Birthday.

Games such as Championship manager and Sensible soccer taking up many a hour in my life.

Me and my cousin did basically non-stop Championship manger/SWOS in the summer holidays. Playing well into the night...Great days...great days..

These days I keep my Gameboy Advance in the glove box in ma car.

PS2 downstairs next to me TV.

And GameCube takes the prime place in my bedroom.

Gaming is still big for me, but i dont feel the same enthusiasm as I did with the Amiga all thise years ago...Maybe it was somethin to do with them long loading times...hmmmm.
Sat 11/05/02 at 22:38
Regular
"everyone says it"
Got a NES when I was two. Never looked back. Owned every console at one point or another bar the Mac one (can't remember the name) and the Virtual Boy.

Nice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.