GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"shorter gaming"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/05/02 at 17:40
Regular
Just read an interview with the mighty shigsy in which he stated that nintendos games in future will probably be shorter in length than most n64 games.
Now admitidely he did'nt say which games he meant but luigis mansion is very short and he did hint at mario sunshine following the same trend.
The reason for this seems to be that apparently most of the games playing public dont finish the game and that that portion of the game is then deemed to be a waste of time that could have been spent making another game.
I dont know about you but i am on quite a tight budget and I would like my game to last a-while or at least have some replayability like zelda oot it took me three months to complete great stuff never felt i had been cheated out of my £45.
But will I feel the same when I complete my £40 game in just a few hours play.
No i will be gutted and will be going straight to part ex it for another that hopefully gives me some value for my money.
Any way I hope I am wrong and we see some real epics that blow us all away just like the zelda games on n64.
Fingers crossed eh?

:)
Sun 12/05/02 at 16:01
Regular
I you're talking about games to complete, then games like Ready 2 Rumble and other games like that can be completed in a few hours. Adventure games like Luigi's Mansion, I think, kind-of-ruined the Nintendo legacy, as they usually make quality games, that take 50+ hours to complete, like Zelda and Mario.
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:58
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
no... games are getting easier. I haven't played a game that took more than 3 days to complete since Code Veronica came out on the DC!
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
On the subject of games being shorter, I am increasingly finding that I complete most of my new games in one week or less, without playing them on weekdays at all. This happened with Max Payne, Medal of Hono(u)r, Soldier of Fortune, Jedi knight II, and most recently Rogue Leader. (Sorry if that sounds boastful, but bear with me)
Now, these games all cost upwards of £30 (except SoF), and lasted me less than 8 hours. I know in relation to films and such, this is relatively cheap for 8 hours of entertainment, and that some games have replay value, but is this justified.
Maybe I’m just getting better at games, but if Nintendo make their games shorter, I will soon find myself having a huge catalogue of completed games, and lots of money spent on games that last a week.
Not that I won’t buy the games, after all, I am a fool when it comes to spending money o
on games
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:50
"+ suspicious minds"
that was ment for the cong mans ears, not yours sonicrav.
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:49
"+ suspicious minds"
if you did your nintendo homework, then you'd know the new disks hold 190 times the amount of space super mario 64 took up. that must be the most knieve, simple minded, unthought-through suggestion in history. why would nintendo use a kind of disk, that despite being smalleer, also has less space on them? that does not make sense! so why would nintendo do that? they wouldn't! are you so un-confident in nintendo's inteligense you would be-foul them with such a stuporious suggestion? sir, i demand satisfaction!
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Sorry! 256Mbit isn't 32 MB at all! it's under 64MB though...
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> Would it bit spurious to suggest it may also have something to do with
> Nintendo taking the strange decision to put out smaller discs?

It's not this at all... aftre all, DC discs only held 1 GB and they weren't small... nor were 400MB CDs on the PSX.... nor 256 Mega bit (ie 32 MB) N64 carts...
Sat 11/05/02 at 22:47
Regular
"..."
Would it bit spurious to suggest it may also have something to do with Nintendo taking the strange decision to put out smaller discs?
Sat 11/05/02 at 20:24
Regular
Don't be to hard on him, he wasn't here 4-5 months ago...

:)
Sat 11/05/02 at 20:04
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Good topic, except for one thing...

We were talking about this non stop 4-5 months ago!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.